Author Topic: a couple last minute tobin questions  (Read 1031 times)

Offline hemipowered

• IceShanty Rookie
a couple last minute tobin questions
« on: Mar 13, 2008, 06:41 PM »
Heading to Tobin for the the first time tomorrow and had a few questions. We are staying at the shorebird, and I am just wondering how far this is from the flats? Also I am not completley sure where the flats are , is  Petaigan bay what is referred to as the flats?
lastly, where do you drive on to the flats, is it too far to snowmobile right from the hotel, or  is it better to drive closer then unload?
thanks for the help hopefully I'll have some good pictures by sunday to post

Offline MeadowPikeman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends fish without tip ups.
Re: a couple last minute tobin questions
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2008, 07:23 PM »
it is about a ten minute drive from the shorebird to the flats, when you are coming u the hill coming from your hotel take your first left (heading east i think) take that road till you reach a t intersection (dead end) take a left again and simply follow this road, it will curve to the east after a km or two and then run into petaigan bay(the flats) on the east side. we took our sleds in december but the snow was nice and fresh, not sure what it would be like now.
Ketchin dem Logs enough to build a house!!

Offline hemipowered

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2008, 09:58 PM »
cool, thanks man. Can't wait, anyone else from the board heading out this weekend?

Offline ts86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2008, 10:46 PM »
Will be there Sunday to Monday.  I am without SLED so I am banking on the plowed road being in good shape. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.