Author Topic: Story Lake 2-3-2007  (Read 690 times)

Offline Piggyn

• Team IceShanty Addict
Story Lake 2-3-2007
« on: Feb 03, 2007, 01:37 PM »
I finally got out for the first time this year... fished from about 9:15-11:45 AM.  There were a few guys on the ice when I got there, but they didn't stay too much longer.  I don't know how they did.  The DNR was out checking for licenses.

Fish were tight to the bottom... more lookers than takers, although I missed a few bites, and I'm sure that there were even more that I couldn't detect in that wind. Caught 3 small bass and a few bluegills... only ended up with 4 keepers (3 of the 4 were ~9"), but that's enough for lunch!  I finally got on a good hole with some more active fish, but then the wind and snow really kicked up, and I decided to call it a day... BRRR!  If it's this windy tomorrow I probably won't make it out.

I got to use my LX-3 for the first time.  It was nice to be able to see how the fish were reacting to my jig, and know that I'm not wasting time on a hole without any fish underneath it. I need to play around with the variable zoom function some more, though. That would have been helpful today since the fish were so tight to the bottom.
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.