Author Topic: New guy at Hill AFB  (Read 991 times)

Offline Speeddmn

• IceShanty Rookie
New guy at Hill AFB
« on: Jan 21, 2016, 10:04 AM »
Hey folks, thanks for the power of Google I was able to find this site! I'm not new to Utah and not new to fishing in open water or ice. I do have a few poles and some knowledge, need to get a few more items to be a happy camper though!

Little background on myself, Air Force active duty for a bit over 17 years now, been stationed here in Utah for over 5. Originally from NE Montana and I haven't sank a line through the ice since I enlisted back in 1998. Looking forward to this year and having some fun! I live in Syracuse and if someone wants to go out one night (as long as I'm free) I am more then willing to go out.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: New guy at Hill AFB
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2016, 04:24 PM »
Welcome to the shanty speeddmn, 1st off thank you for your service to keep this country free. You'll find there's a few of us on here from one branch or another. Myself the U.S.N. I'm going to be pretty busy the rest of this season with a new addition coming to the family yesterday but I'm sure others will be happy to get a trip in with you or maybe meet up if schedules can connect. Let me know if you need any help on the site. New member section at the top of the board had some good info
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2016, 12:43 PM »
Thank you for your service and welcome!  Try to make the Ice Shanty get together in February on Pineview.  That will give you a chance to meet some of the IS gang.
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline Cmansportsboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2016, 02:48 PM »
Thank you for your service to this great country that we live in! I hope we can help you out and get you on some fish! Tight lines and welcome!
My name is Christian... and I’m addicted to ice fishing

Offline coldhooker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2016, 10:48 PM »
Welcome to the site ! And thank for your service.

Offline Speeddmn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2016, 08:39 AM »
Thank you all for the welcome, the get together sounds great! Thinking of spending the day building my version of the smitty sled! And making jerky!

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2016, 08:46 AM »
Jerky is good.  We'd love to give you an appraisal of it at the gathering in February - hint, hint.   ;D
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline k2muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2016, 02:56 PM »
A BIG SALUTE and BIG WELCOME...us along with others are retired USAF...thank you for your service and for ice fishing info this be the place...

Offline Speeddmn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2016, 08:06 PM »
Jerky is good.  We'd love to give you an appraisal of it at the gathering in February - hint, hint.   ;D

Lets hope for good ice and I'm sure I could wrangle a bag or two from the freezer. Really want to get to Causey soon and get into the 'koke's! Seal them up and get to spring smoking salmon!!

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #9 on: Jan 25, 2016, 08:26 AM »
Welcome to the Shanty Speeddmn ! And Thank you for your Service ! Hope to see you out on the ice .

Offline FatBiker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 26, 2016, 09:01 AM »
Welcome to the site.  I retired from the Air Force in 1998 and have worked there ever since.  I'm retiring for good on 1 Apr.  Give me a call (775-3925) or send me an e-mail [email protected] and we can maybe set up a trip.  Headed up to Bear Lake Thursday for the weekend.

Larry

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired AF,Nam Vet, VFW life member, Wis. Native
« Reply #11 on: Jan 27, 2016, 10:29 PM »
Welcome aboard my friend, and thanks for your service to our country. Look forward to seeing you on the ice.  :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.