Author Topic: I've transitioned  (Read 1346 times)

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
I've transitioned
« on: Feb 06, 2015, 01:56 PM »
Anyone that knows me knows ice fishing is my life!!! And that I ice fish 6-7 times a week. Sadly I'm not much for the trout I'm more a large mouth crappie gills perch walleye pike sorta guy. I am now in my depressed till winter next year open water fishing phase. So I'll be putting the toon on Utah lake this weekend  and the bass boat will fallow next week as I'm getting everything ready and the toon is always ready. anyone else transitioning to open water or are guys still trying at the rapidly rotting ice?

Offline PFIDude

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: I've transitioned
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2015, 09:52 PM »
Sadly I'm feeling the same way...still chasing some decent ice, but it's depressing.  Wish I had a boat...

Offline PERSONA

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2015, 06:51 AM »
Yup! I'm over it sadly to say ! I love ice fishing more than open water but it ain't in the forecast this year. I put my ice fishing gear away 2 weeks ago due to rapidly deteriorating conditions. Maybe next year old man winter will stick around lol..

Offline Backwoodsboy.50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2015, 10:42 AM »
Me the cousin and my boy decided we will be on Utah lake on the 15th to see if any cats or white bass want to play this warm weather is killing me  :-\
"your using to small of a lure... zooplankton would pass that up" - my old man

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2015, 12:21 AM »
Still holding out on atleast 2 more trips if the ice will hold out  :bow: :bow:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline JigChaser08

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wishin' I Was Fishin'
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2015, 02:38 AM »
You guys can have some of the brutal cold from up here in New England ;D Fishing on two feet of ice. It was -18 yesterday morning! Make a trip east... all you have to do is get here and ill hook you up with a place to stay and fish to catch!
Henry

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The best things in LIFE are done on ICE!!!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2015, 08:38 PM »
Man you East Coaster are too kind!  Wish I was in that phase of life to hop on a jet and come on up, always wanted to see New Hampshire after meeting a few folks from there that were stationed here at Hill AFB. 

I'm going to also attempt to make it out with musky at least one more time for Viva.  Lucky for me I invested in a boat with my Dad last year, so bring on whatever!  In my mind I'm still plotting the polar winds to split and wreck the west coast late Feb-March. 

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #7 on: Feb 18, 2015, 07:55 AM »
Looking forward to the get together this weekend . I doubt there will be many more ice trips after this one. Got the pontoon out yesterday and over to the shop for a tuneup. At least with the pontoon I can fish like I'm on the ice LOL. And not worry about going through.

Offline Junior48

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 2015, 10:46 AM »
I am holding out for a couple more trips. at least one to Viva and we may head up to Willow lake buy Pinedale. i have been told they have been doing really good up there.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #9 on: Feb 18, 2015, 07:04 PM »
its sad to say last weekend was my last trip out so i am going to put the gear away

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.