Author Topic: UTAH LAKE FNATIC'S HELP!!!!!  (Read 806 times)

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
UTAH LAKE FNATIC'S HELP!!!!!
« on: Jan 02, 2013, 09:01 PM »
Wanting to go pull some gils and crappie throught the ice at Utah lake..... Suggestions on location and time? Fished Utah lake twice never on hard deck..... Help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks all

Offline Darn0

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: UTAH LAKE FNATIC'S HELP!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2013, 08:53 AM »
Try the pumphouse.  I've been going a couple hours  before sundown and been doing good with catching four species.  With the now construction there you'll have to enter through the inlet gate park and hike a little.  You could also fish the inlet gate if walking is a problem, its only 4 ft. deep, but the fishing there hasn't been up to par as the previous years.  The depth at the pumphouse is 9 ft., the ice was 7" thick on Tuesday.  A fish finder would be a great tool if you had one. The crappie was suspended at about 6 ft, The bluegil would pass through at 8 ft or off the bottom.  Once your screen would light up red the White bass would be in.  A good spring bobber or good ultralight pole would be a good idea because the bite was really light.  I used a combination of hali spoons and tungsten jigs tipped with wax worms or perch meat. 

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2013, 11:23 AM »
How do I get to the pump house

Offline Darn0

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2013, 03:16 PM »
Coming from I-15, take the pioneer crossing exit.  You will be heading west, then take a left on 2300 West.  Stay on that road, it will veer right, about half an mile the pumphouse will be on left hand si

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2013, 04:23 PM »
Anyone caught gills or crappie in Utah lake lately? And if yrs where

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.