Author Topic: Anybody know a good place to have a bass mounted ???  (Read 1916 times)

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
Anybody know a good place to have a bass mounted ???
« on: Dec 22, 2007, 10:38 AM »
and if so you know what the price per inch is?

Catch A Buzz

Offline bassranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Anybody know a good place to have a bass mounted ???
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2007, 03:41 PM »
don't know if you checked with wildlife yet I think they get $10-$12 a inch sometime it takes them over a year to get it done. I believe there's a guy in derry not sure of the name or if he still does it, maybe someone else is familier with him I have heard good things about his work.
Why did you catch a biggin?
If I'm not fishing then I'm not happy

Offline Pats

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2007, 12:11 PM »
and if so you know what the price per inch is?
Creative Taxidermy in Haverhill MA.exellent work but pricey.I believe $16 an inch.

Offline thefinlessbrown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2007, 05:19 PM »
hey rich last time wildlife did a fish 4 me it was15 an inch with a minimum of 15 inches and i was not at all impressed with the results ..... so whats up whatcha catch ??????? holding out on your uncle huh !!! lol i wanna go to cobbetts next weekend if you wanna go i'm going with a freind possibly let me know ..

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2007, 07:09 PM »
$12 to $16 an inch is about the average price now. do a google search for fishwish taxidermy. I believe that is the name of the guy that we used when I was charter fishing. He is out west I believe.  He does excilent work but if I remember right, they might be replicas.

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2007, 07:21 PM »
$12 to $16 an inch is about the average price now. do a google search for fishwish taxidermy. I believe that is the name of the guy that we used when I was charter fishing. He is out west I believe.  He does excilent work but if I remember right, they might be replicas.
Honestly, I'd always get a replica made of everything.  They turn out better than the real thing (I think anyway) & you can practice catch & release.  If you have the fish frozen already, I guess you are just looking to get it out somewhere.  What I do, is go to the Musky Shows (or any fishing show) most of the taxidermists there offer cheaper "Show" rates per inch.  I'd look into that if I were you & you were not in a rush to get this done!  Here are a few links.  I'd call them, & they may be able to help point you in the right direction!

http://www.laxreproductions.com/index.shtml

http://www.fittantereplicas.com/

Offline ScreaminSpool

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2007, 07:30 PM »
Wildlife Taxidermy in Manchester did an excellent job on my Brown and Rainbow Trout.  I can't speak for the bass.  10.oo an inch
Remember.  Where ever you go, there you are.

Offline Joe Cuzzie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2007, 08:09 PM »
wildlife did a great job on my bass and my brook trout

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #8 on: Dec 23, 2007, 08:25 PM »
Just make sure you properly store the fish while you're looking for a taxidermist !
Lay all the fins flat and wrap it in a wet towel then in a plastic bag , try to freeze it in a flat position .
The old school way was in news paper but thats not recommended any longer .

Think about a pose you want before you get to the taxidermist and do yourself a favor and let them choose the show side or the direction it will be facing , they will look closely at the specimen and consider the scale condition and markings on each side as well as the fin condition .
If you have a photo of the fish before it was frozen take that along too , sometimes it helps to see the fish in it's natural colors .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.