Author Topic: Found some early Maine ice!!  (Read 790 times)

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
Found some early Maine ice!!
« on: Nov 28, 2023, 04:45 PM »
Found some early ice here in Maine this past Sunday. My go-to early season pond had about 3-3.5" on it. Had good conditions till about 10 am then the ice changed fast, so we left. Found a few fish. Got my first fall fish through the ice. Many YP, and a couple pickerel!! Probably lost all the ice from the warm rain. Be careful out there.

Heres the footage from the day if anyone is interested in checking it out!

Quick clip of the ice cracking under my brother and I. Always follow the early season ice rules...we got too comfortable throughout the morning, and the ice reminded us real quick!!
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline CoryTDF

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm new but I'm awesome! Also, humble.....
Re: Found some early Maine ice!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2023, 03:49 PM »
Sweet! Nice video. I am still living in a open water land of disappointment so i have to live through others. That big crack would make your butt pucker a bit LOL. 
Who knew iceholes could be so fun!

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2023, 03:56 PM »
Haha..open water land of disappointment..I like it. I would have have a hard time as well. And that was about as bad of a crack as you could get without falling through
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2023, 07:45 PM »
Very nice. Can't wait till safe ice here in NY.
Master Laker taker.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.