Author Topic: fishing spot  (Read 2680 times)

Offline snohiker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just give me water hard or not and ill be happy
fishing spot
« on: Jan 07, 2008, 08:58 PM »
hey all I'm going to be in the concord area on the 26  my wife has a class from 930 to 400 and i have to kill the day poor me   any good spots to fish in that area i don't mind traveling for half hour to 45 min any help would be great thanks rob

Offline BrianF

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: fishing spot
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2008, 09:59 PM »
what do you want to catch?

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2008, 07:06 AM »
Tech pond, right behind NHTI is an awesome little spot for bass, pickerel and small crappie.  You can easily kill a day there chasing flags.  Small pond that gets very little pressure.

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2008, 08:51 AM »
I have class at NHTI on Saturdays from 9a - 12:25p starting 1/26.  If you do fish there, maybe I'll come bug you later after.    :tipup:

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2008, 10:52 AM »
turtle pond in concord.......check clarks guide for directions
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2008, 11:04 AM »
turtle pond in concord.......check clarks guide for directions

I second this recommendation.

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline ice fishNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2008, 11:52 AM »
I third the Turtle Pond recommendation - they have pickerel, perch, crappie, bass.
fishNH @ MFF  huntNH @ MHF

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2008, 12:34 PM »
There are some monster blue-gills in turtle pond, caught several in the 10" range a couple years ago.

Funny story about that place...was parked at the boat launch and got out of my truck to start unloading.  I looked down and there were several piles of dog crap around...so I say loudly to my buddy "there is dog s**t everywhere!!!"...just then an old lady appears from behind another truck with a dog on a leash, she didn't say a word as she slinked away...and she didn't have a pooper scooper with her either!!!  So now it's a joke between us whenever we throw the idea of fishing turtle pond around...but "there's dog s**t everywhere!!!"  ;D

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #9 on: Jan 08, 2008, 03:35 PM »
it could of been hers............anyway s, i heard if you fish  a couple hundred yards in front of the outlet you can bang some nice bass.........i went there on december 8th for my first trip out this year........we ended up with a few flags and a few fish........nothing to call the ice shanty about
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Joe Cuzzie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2008, 05:01 PM »
lol i go to NHTI.. are you talking about that little  pond you see when you first drive in.. behind the baseball field??

Offline snohiker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 08, 2008, 08:49 PM »
thanks guys it sounds like turtle pond it is if all goes well ill be there all day  :icefish:

Offline hamadog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 09, 2008, 05:14 AM »
Ive lived down the road to turtle town pond ( Thats the name we grew up with ). There is a great fishing hole out from the launch on the left hand side down by the out-crop by the the dock. go out about 100-200 yards.

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 09, 2008, 07:43 AM »
lol i go to NHTI.. are you talking about that little  pond you see when you first drive in.. behind the baseball field??

Yeah, that's the one.  There is access to it in the overfill parking area next to 393 next to the bike trail.  My buddy caught a 7lb bass there last spring...awesome fish.

Offline snohiker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 21, 2008, 10:04 PM »
ok ill be up there on turtle pond sat   allday while wife is at class  il post pics and if anyone else ends up going ill see you there  thanks for the tip rob ( snohiker)

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 22, 2008, 10:45 AM »
I have class in Concord until about noon.  I might shoot over to say hi if I get the chance.  Depends on how much homework I have.

Offline snohiker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 26, 2008, 06:30 PM »
went to turtle pond  today while my wife was at class  got there around  930 one flag   right off sm pik jigged for awile huge gill move to were i wanted to be at first and had something almost clean the spool off wasnt much line left but never hooked it so it was slow but an awsom day to spend on the pond tomorrow i fish familar water  thanks for the tips guys

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.