Author Topic: Visiting Malad for weekend - looking for local feedback  (Read 773 times)

Offline Bygone

• IceShanty Rookie
As the title suggests I will be in Malad this week (Wednesday-Friday) visiting from Utah and was hoping to get on the ice to fish for perch, or any other panfish.

I was hoping to minimize driving time as much as possible but at the same time not waste my time fishing some of the smaller local reservoirs that may be busts.

some of the bodies I was considering were: crowthers, weston creek, or twin lakes reservoir. These are based on nothing further than looking around on google maps and finding nearby water.

I will be on foot with a flasher/camera so hopefully can be successful with some guidance.

Any feedback you can provide would be greatly appreciated! :) Thank you in advance. Tight lines  :tipup:

Offline IrishnId

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Visiting Malad for weekend - looking for local feedback
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2017, 09:51 PM »
I'll be hitting Johnson Thursday morning. Be glad to show ya a few spots.

Offline Bygone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2017, 08:21 AM »
That would be amazing! I'll send you a PM with my contact info so we can stay in touch. Thank you :D

Offline Shall08

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2017, 10:49 AM »
Condie has produced the best perch for me so far this year.

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2017, 07:17 AM »
Irish have you found a bluegill in Johnsons over 6 or 7"? Or are you there just looking for that musky and keeping occupied catching those little things. I know there are some decent largemouth in there as well but from my experience with the lake it doesn't hold anything of better quality (minus the musky) like the other surrounding lakes do.

Offline IrishnId

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2017, 10:15 AM »
I'm pretty solid on the 6 1/2- 7 1/2 bluegill range. Not much bigger. Just really like bluegill. The bass have been super active this year, I've caught caught a few but nothing over 14-16". I always have a jawjacker or two setup for the holy grail musky. Pretty sure I hooked one two years ago but it pulled rod, reel, ice rod holder and everything down the hole so quick I couldn't tell! :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.