The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: CANYON FERRY REPORT  (Read 1826 times)

Offline andy572

• IceShanty Rookie
CANYON FERRY REPORT
« on: Feb 07, 2005, 10:25 AM »
Hello all,
I thought it would be cool if we started a up to date fishing report for canyon ferry. I myself went to Idaho this past weekend in search of steelhead due to the spring like conditions. I did fish the causeway two weeks ago and had good luck with glo hooks and the assorted hair jigs (pink and green variety). The more people that respond with fishing reports the more popular the report will become, which altimetly leads to better reports.
Andy

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: CANYON FERRY REPORT
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2005, 02:57 PM »
We need more people on the Montana portion of this site. When I lived in Wyoming and Colorado, the forum for those states were flooded with reports, especially Colorado. I mean come on...Montana is full of people who ice fish.

Offline copperjohn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2005, 04:48 AM »
It'd be nice to have safe ice to fish. Conditions have been pretty sad and Canyon Ferry(south end) is a long drive from Great Falls.  Cursed with Chinooks.  :'(
Gravity's B**ch On Hard Water

Offline Icejigs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2005, 08:14 AM »
I fished C.F. over the weekend, bite was OK Sat. poor Sun.  Fished the silos area in about 9' of water.  Sat. everone was catching a few, Sun. slow I thought. A lot of people moving around so must have been having much luck either. I did ice a couple of 20" on Sat. couple of dinks and 1 23" Sun. Also had a carp on I couldn't get through a 8" hole. That was fun.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.