Author Topic: Marcum Pancam  (Read 364 times)

Offline hooper22

• IceShanty Rookie
Marcum Pancam
« on: Jan 11, 2015, 06:18 PM »
Hello everyone. Let me say this is an awesome board and I've learned a lot from you guys.  I just got into ice fishing last year. I've been an avid fresh and saltwater fisherman my whole life.
I received a pancam for Christmas and wanted to give and get some feedback as there's not much out there. Before the ice I took it for a spin in a quarry pond near my house. I dropped it in and drifted across the pond and had it in depths up to 50'. The light worked well in complete darkness I was able to see schools of crappie, bluegills and some perch. I also saw some bass and pickerel in the shallow waters. Overall I'm impressed with how it performs and being able to record and take stills with your phone or tablet is cool and the reason I went with the pancam over the monitor model.
My questions are about the pan motor. I was just letting it dangle in water off the side of the boat so I couldn't test it out.I was wondering if it strong enough to function properly because it sounds very weak.

I also was wondering those of you that use cameras,  do you just keep drilling holes until you see fish or set up over a spot you like and wait because you're had success there before. I see myself turning a lake into swiss cheese if i don't see any fish after I drop it in.  Going for the first time Saturday and will update its performance through the ice. other input is appreciated!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.