Michigan > Ice Fishing Michigan

Need a report on Lake St. Clair ice

(1/4) > >>

Fishondog:
 Any good ice left in the canals or anywhere?

FidelCasserole:
I fished at the Day sail ramp at Metro Beach today.  6 - 8 inches of ice with some places having 2 - 3 inches of slush on top.    We caught some fish but nothing of real size. 

Fishondog:
 thanks thinking of heading up tommorow

Crappie84:
FidelCasserole St. Clair is my main lake we went out to the Raft yesterday and caught 50 fish.  I had to leave early for work and that was a terrible day out there.  Usually 100 fish days or more are common, the ice is still 8 inches thick with 1-2 inches of slush! Not to bad for all the warm weather we have had lately. I am going out again tomorrow, you have to sort through the perch to get the big ones but its not to bad and there are 8-11" blue gills that are caught commonly every day. I'll keep you updated for any more info just let me know. Tight Lines
Bryan

bobt0248:
Fished this morning at Metro Beach and the Day Sail Ramp. Like others said there is about 2 or 3 inches of slush on the ice and the thickness this morning ranged from 3 to 5 inches. Just started to rain and I do not know how the ice will hold up. Caught a lot of fish but almost all of them were on the very small size. Might try the Raft like PerchKing said tomorrow morn. Looked at the public access site on south river road and it does not look good at all. Only a couple of fishermen on the ice and I think that they came from the houses on shore not the public access. Very shaky looking.

Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version