Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Live Baits and Plastics

Storing waxies

<< < (5/5)

Iceassin:
Yup...in the basement, 45-50*. I also use spikes ( in the door...not as cold as other areas of fridge). One thing I have found with both, and I'm sure with other grubs as well, is if you're going bulk...take what you need to the lake and discard the ones you didn't use. Putting them back in the container with the fresh ones has a tendency to "spoil" the others quicker. Not sure why, but was told this a long time ago and it seems to work.

Gills-only:
Switch to plastics, problem solved!!

hardwater diehard:
https://www.ja-dabait.com/index.php/store/waxworms

frostbittin:
I always store them in the fridge, and they last way longer than my spikes do...so believe what you want. I do keep them inside a cardboard box, and then the container inside the box...so maybe the box is keeping them slightly warmer. I think this year I'm going to put some newspaper or foam peanuts in the box to add some extra insulation, and maybe keep them a few degrees warmer.

PoleJerker:
Keep mine on top of the fridge in my shed which stays between 50-60 and sort through them as stated in other posts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version