Author Topic: first time on the shanty.........  (Read 7145 times)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: first time on the shanty.........now addicted
« Reply #30 on: Aug 14, 2007, 10:55 AM »
hi cc..hello bj....not so much size of fish...but the dang reel slips around... tried zip ties...hated them...too nice of rod & reel to tape so will look at the st.croix legend rod... maybe use that when I'm in pike/pick/walleye water...no harm in having 2....make the other one my panfish pond  setup....geeze more to carry...wish grandson was older (see pack-mule) ;D as far as the fishing folks.. come on over..have plenty of water to use ...9 lakes & Delaware river all within 20 minutes.... bring ya own beer of course ;) ;)  ooh ya.. need NY & pa license..(I'm right on the boarder) :unsure: :unsure: :callcops: are there pa goat boys ???

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
Re: first time on the shanty.........
« Reply #31 on: Aug 14, 2007, 01:03 PM »
Yup,there are PA Goatboys. Check the PA thread. Strikemaster is one off hand I can think of. There is also the Goatboy Shanty you can check out. :tipup:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Aug 14, 2007, 02:18 PM »
Yup,there are PA Goatboys. Check the PA thread. Strikemaster is one off hand I can think of. There is also the Goatboy Shanty you can check out. :tipup:
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          thank you bj...will check into.....geeze this addicting...i'm like a kid in a candy store again :woot: :woot: :woot: new shanty just about done ......painting my 'hole hawg pig on the door  to-nite...once kids show me how to get the photos into comp. will share..... wet down invites to follow :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline 4Z ICE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Aug 14, 2007, 02:42 PM »
   Great a fellow IS member right in my backyard ,practically a neighbor I"m from the little BeachLake area.holehawg shoot me a pm.Maybe we could hook up a line together , sometime this winter just to let you know I know of at least  5 members from Wayne County area  I'm sure as this site picks up many more will announce themselves.

Offline putback

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Aug 14, 2007, 04:40 PM »
Welcome Holehawg. Take heart, days are getting shorter! I keep my reels in place with a rubber band, no mess or protrusions. Try working a rubber band parallel to rod handle under both seat rings, set reel in place, stretch one end of band over reel, draw band tight from other end. Tie loose end of band around reel stem close to rod handle, clip any excess. Keeps the rings from working loose. Solved the problem for me. Keep it quiet, but your mail carrier has the PERFECT rubber band, they last all winter!

Offline gaudetskie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's called Leinenkugels and it means Great Beer!
« Reply #35 on: Aug 14, 2007, 06:56 PM »
Holehawg I've found that I like hockey tape on my rod buts, both on ice rods & open water rods as well. You can twist the tape around (like taping up a stick! ;D) and give the rod some grip as well as a good feel. And most hockey tapes come off with little or no sticky mess left behind!

If your going to play Russian Roulette, use a gun with a clip and don't go first!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Aug 14, 2007, 07:29 PM »
hey 4ZICE ...i think we are neighbors :) will pm ya once i figure how to do it  >:( dang new fangle contraptions..... :%$#!: a big thank you to ..putback & gudetski will try your ideas... this reel thing is driving me :cookoo:  then again...maybe i am... painting pig on door of shanty in basement in aug.  :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Aug 15, 2007, 11:31 AM »
hey strikemaster....hows does a beach lake guy become a pa goat-boy ??? ???  :)

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #38 on: Aug 15, 2007, 02:08 PM »
a little input from Wisconsin. to become a goatboy you must respect your fellow man love to ice fish and love to drink beer(optional of course). if you fit the mold, welcome aboard. to download the bass goatboy logo right click on it and go to properties. copy down the http:// location and enter it into your profile under I have my own picture and thats it. again welcome to the barnyard BAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

HIMO
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline blue mule

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LOOK CLOSER...
« Reply #39 on: Aug 15, 2007, 04:30 PM »
Welcome Holehawg. Take heart, days are getting shorter! I keep my reels in place with a rubber band, no mess or protrusions. Try working a rubber band parallel to rod handle under both seat rings, set reel in place, stretch one end of band over reel, draw band tight from other end. Tie loose end of band around reel stem close to rod handle, clip any excess. Keeps the rings from working loose. Solved the problem for me. Keep it quiet, but your mail carrier has the PERFECT rubber band, they last all winter!
welcome holehog. i've never heard of hockey tape, but we use finger tape at work, for protection from sharp things when you can't wear gloves. (machinery, etc). it sticks to itself REAL good. gonna try it this season. might be the answer. you can always learn something here!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Aug 15, 2007, 07:40 PM »
hmmmmmm..this goatboy thing interesting mr.himo...may have to join...love clubs with fishing & beer in the rules.. :clap: :thumbsup  ............ mr. blue mule...where do you get finger tape ??? have been smashing my hands for 23 years in construction :sick: have never seen ??? ??? all first aid done with electric tape ;)

Offline blue mule

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LOOK CLOSER...
« Reply #41 on: Aug 19, 2007, 11:39 AM »
holehog i just ask for it at work. took some searching to find where they get it. gemplers.com. looks like a neat sight. might have to do some shopping. hope this helps. blue mule

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Aug 19, 2007, 03:29 PM »
thanks blue mule...I'm still struggling with this problem..will try your site :thumbsup: went to gander mountain today.. couldn't find any ice-fishing stuff (looking to buy new gas auger & st Croix legend rod ) store guy says sometime in Oct.  stuff will hit shelves.... :%$#!: :%$#!: 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.