Author Topic: Buying ice fishing stuff in July  (Read 12415 times)

Offline thordoggydog

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Buying ice fishing stuff in July
« Reply #30 on: Jul 24, 2007, 10:08 PM »
I have fired up my nilsmaster auger once every month and practiced drilling holes in the yard with the cover on. Just had the fishtrap yukon hooked up to the 4 wheeler and pulled it around in the grass of the front yard. I live in southern iowa and it was 95 degrees out. That got the neighbors talking.

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jul 25, 2007, 09:51 PM »
  Pulling a fishtrap, with a four wheeler, in the yard, on the grass, and the temperature is 95 degree's!!  Priceless!!

Offline gaudetskie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's called Leinenkugels and it means Great Beer!
« Reply #32 on: Jul 25, 2007, 10:28 PM »
Bought a vx-1 last week. Just got off ebay, bought a clam jr. as a light weight run 'n gun shack. Now all I need is Ice.

If your going to play Russian Roulette, use a gun with a clip and don't go first!

Offline dabber-doo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dreaming about big gills and crappies !!!
« Reply #33 on: Jul 26, 2007, 05:55 PM »
Just bought a snowmobile suit and some flannel shirts, for my son, at Goodwill. The lady at the checkout, asked if I icefished?   ;)
LMAO :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I've was on the ice and fishing Nov. 23rd 2008 and don't plan on stopping tell spring breakup 2009 !!!!

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jul 26, 2007, 08:56 PM »
  My problem, dabber-doo. Couldn't even think of a comeback line. Just shook my head, smiled and paid my money. She knew!!

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #35 on: Jul 27, 2007, 06:56 AM »
I just found some Chubby Darters and some Hali micro jigs on sale last weekend and they were even the "HOT" color. ;D
        Jim

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jul 27, 2007, 02:32 PM »
Cabela's has some ice fishing lures in their on-line bargain cave.

They have Bay de Noc Swedish® Pimples for $1.88, Nils Hehku Jigs for $2.88, and Salmo Chubby Darters for $4.88.

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jul 27, 2007, 03:07 PM »
Cabelas also has in the on-line bargain cave:

Nature Vision Flag Alert Strike Detector $24.88

Shappell 4000 Deluxe Ice Fishing Shelter $339.99

Nature Vision Pak Sled Roll-up Gear Sled $19.88

HT Polar Windbreak $55.24

Eskimo 9" Straight Replacement Blades $14.88

Croxton Pond Case with Two Rod/Reel Combos $29.99

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jul 27, 2007, 09:20 PM »
I just found some Chubby Darters on sale last weekend and they were even the "HOT" color. ;D
        Jim

Ken                                          

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Jul 29, 2007, 03:56 AM »
My email special sale with Cabelas shows Chubby Darters on sale through that add only at $3.88.

Offline dockdabber

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Jul 29, 2007, 08:15 PM »
   Best Ice fishing Site on the web.   Live in Delphos ohio  Playing golf every day just waiting to get back on the Ice.  Would love to see early Ice In Dec and stay around unyil mid march

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Jul 30, 2007, 08:50 PM »
  Then the month, of AUGUST comes. Allot hotter, but allot closer to December!   :D   I need too, buy more stuff!

Offline ickirby

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Pirate!!
« Reply #42 on: Jul 31, 2007, 09:03 AM »
I set it up in my living room. And since I now have a hut... I HAD to  buy a couple fishing chairs . Next purchase will be a Ice Armor suit .

Hahahah... I sure can relate.  I spent the better part of my Canada day long weekend this summer building my 8x8 hardside.  Also, yesterday (the hottest day of the summer so far 34.5c) I just bought my Ice armor suit.  I got the  Ice armor X.  Fortunately I'm a big guy cause all they had on clearance was the 3XL Ice Armor X but it was a damn good price.

Ian Kirby

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #43 on: Jul 31, 2007, 04:53 PM »
i just bought three more custom crappie rods , so i wont need to retie so many times with cold fingers to change jigs...its coming folks...maybe itll be not so late this year

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Jul 31, 2007, 05:37 PM »
You are not alone!

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #45 on: Jul 31, 2007, 06:25 PM »
I bought the ultimate ice fishing toy!

Wa hoooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Now that I can get out of the bays on Mille Lacs, I better get a better walleye rod. 8)

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Jul 31, 2007, 08:54 PM »
That'll haul some "Pike bait" around.  I'm jealous!

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Jul 31, 2007, 10:34 PM »
  Very Nice Ride, Skipper!

Offline wile.e.1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Aug 02, 2007, 06:56 AM »
I see by the posts that there's a bunch of other crazies out there.....wait a minute...I think it's "us" who are the    normal ones   ;D  . It's 90 plus around here now ...and heres to all you guys.......Think snow ;D ;D
Remember those that served..All gave some...Some gave All

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Aug 06, 2007, 07:16 PM »
Why spend $ when you can pick it up on the curb during trash day?
On my way to work, I saw some downhill skis at the curb.  I almost turned
around right then, but told myself (yes I talk to myself in this heat), if the
skis were still there on my way home, I'd grab them.  Well, even after working
late, the skis were still there.  I stopped.  Now I have a couple of skis for
a jet sled....

MD

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #50 on: Aug 06, 2007, 08:36 PM »
  Good job, Mainedog! Most homemade sleds, are much better, than the plastic (foreign) tub's...

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Aug 06, 2007, 11:06 PM »
I was planning on augmenting one of my foreign tubs with some hefty wear strips (i.e. the skis),
either that, or maybe attaching them to my "white kite" of a coroplast shack from last year.

B.T.W. Brujharr, don't you owe me some pics on a hardside under construction from last year?

Offline dabber-doo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Aug 14, 2007, 10:35 PM »
And I thought I was the only ice fishing equipment  nut. I look for it everywhere and all year long.
I've was on the ice and fishing Nov. 23rd 2008 and don't plan on stopping tell spring breakup 2009 !!!!

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #53 on: Aug 15, 2007, 09:19 PM »
  Mainedog! The idea, of a of a hardside shack and made of coroplast! In my opinion, BRILLANT! I just can't believe, that it's to lite!   :o   I still want to build something, like it. If your asking me, about the nephew's brand new shack? Haven't, even seen a screw or a nail. They should start in about two days, after the gun deer season is over!    ;D   If it was my redo? I haven't gotten it off the lake yet!!!!   ::)

Offline esox13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #54 on: Aug 18, 2007, 01:53 PM »
This is a follow up to an earlier post of mine regarding the Gander Mtn moving sale. I must be an ice fishing equipment junkie - I have been back to the store 4 times since and haven't walked out with less that $125 worth of gear. This past friday was the last day (everything 90% off) so it has been picked clean, but I stopped on Monday and picked up 40 Fiskas (by Your Bobbers Down Co.) for .40-.50 cents each - and 25 Marmasooka jigs at .35 cents each. I need a bigger tackle box....

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Aug 19, 2007, 09:58 PM »
Cruising Craigslist today, I see an aluminum truck cap for $25.....so I had to hook up the
trailer, drive a few miles and pick up a future ice shack's roof/windows....oh boy....Now I
only have to haul it 300 miles north...How can I justify collecting materials for yet another
shack?  (I already have a big green monster, a white coroplast kite, a DX 3000 and DX 4000,
and a Cabelas' kit still waiting to be put together).  I think I have obsessive/compulsive ice shanty
collector disorder........I have visions of setting up my own Ice Shanty Town.  Lord help me.

Offline Tom Leitz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Aug 20, 2007, 04:55 AM »
I get up this morning and it is 50 degrees - and the weatherman reports 30 degrees in Saranac Lake (3 hours north).  I will start looking to buy some new gear this week.

Offline dabber-doo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Aug 21, 2007, 05:11 PM »
Cruising Craigslist today, I see an aluminum truck cap for $25.....so I had to hook up the
trailer, drive a few miles and pick up a future ice shack's roof/windows....oh boy....Now I
only have to haul it 300 miles north...How can I justify collecting materials for yet another
shack?  (I already have a big green monster, a white coroplast kite, a DX 3000 and DX 4000,
and a Cabelas' kit still waiting to be put together).  I think I have obsessive/compulsive ice shanty
collector disorder........I have visions of setting up my own Ice Shanty Town.  Lord help me.
Lmao Mainedog. I love to look for stuff on trash days too. But when I pull up in the yard the wife  >:D comes out,  shakes her head and asks me what the he!! i'm going to do with that, and where the he!! I'm going to put it.  :whistle: :whistle: :unsure: :unsure:

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Aug 24, 2007, 10:56 PM »
I'm always looking for ice fishing stuff, bought my first fish finder in August a couple of years ago and bought my new ice shack in October last year. 

Offline Imissedem

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Aug 25, 2007, 05:56 AM »
W`ont be to much longer its only going to reach mid 90`s today.My prediction is Thanksgiving this year.Also cant wait for the new BASS PRO SHOP thats going to be built in Foxboro. Thanks to Bob Kraft GO PATS.------------------

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.