Author Topic: how big are jumbo's  (Read 43376 times)

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
Re: how big are jumbo's
« Reply #90 on: Feb 11, 2004, 07:35 AM »
This is true but Germ still walks out to his fishing grounds so the heavy gas powered wouldnt be very nice to haul around. Thats why my folding 3 and a half inch works great ..WOuld even fit in your purse Trapperdirk! LOL
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

trapperdirk

« Reply #91 on: Feb 11, 2004, 08:27 AM »
 It's alright Germ I walk out in places too but I invested in an otter sleigh . I can put in my auger and all my rigging no prob . I will have room for me and all the rigging then hook you up to it to get me out onto the lake . Hope you know the words giddy up go and woh . LOL .
  If not I'm sure you will understand my wishes after I pull the gaff out . Rotflmao .

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #92 on: Feb 11, 2004, 11:11 AM »
Na i dont but once in awhile My wife likes to get the whip out..ROFL ya well my Portable acts as a sligh also with all the gear inside Which is what i have to go get ready for now..Just debating weather to stick to a spot i know Or try for crappie and PERCH.....ill be adventurous and do the search thing for crappie hey easy to set up and take down so now biggie if i have to move alot..ANd ya know Germ needs the damm exercise anyhow....Gidddy up And ill be searching for the JUMBO's while im out there....Not sure if ill get the 20 inch but anything is possible.
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #93 on: Feb 12, 2004, 06:31 AM »
Well i didnt get any amd all is ee others catch as i walked by them was dinks.this time of the year for me is a lil harder becasue of shrimp hatches i guess time to go deep again....Oh well Jumbo;s here i come~!

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #94 on: Feb 13, 2004, 11:57 AM »
12 inch jumbo my friend caught today looked like she wsa ready to expload ..she was almost as wide as she was long (not really but u  get the idea) Nice to see some big Jumbo's like that.

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #95 on: Feb 13, 2004, 12:29 PM »
A guy caught a 19" SLOOOOOOB at Wilson Harbor, Wilson NY (lake Ont.) two weeks ago. It weighed 3.25 lbs. . Now that's a SLOOOOOOB guys!!! :o :o No doubt I'd mount that SLOOOOOOB. ;D

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #96 on: Feb 14, 2004, 01:24 PM »
Now you talking white Perch or Yellow? And was there any Pcitures of this Notorious Monster SLooob? Cause you know your gonna get ribbed if don't have the pic facts to back ya up lol..Tight lines!

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #97 on: Feb 14, 2004, 03:25 PM »
Germ, It was a yellow. I was not the lucky one to catch it , but I've heard many guys talking about it. I guess the guy weighed it at a local tackle shop in Wlison and they took pictures. Have'nt been up there to see the pic. yet. when i do i'll let ya know. Utes

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #98 on: Feb 14, 2004, 04:56 PM »
Please grab me a picture of at least get a copy post it or what ever to get the 19 inch perch very close to the Notorious 20 inch iv'e been hearing about. Perach get fat but usualy not Long. They get sow bellys as described on this forum anyhow Grab a copy of the pic and please post it as well darn it to hell id love to see it. Tight lines and get that picture!

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #99 on: Feb 17, 2004, 09:45 AM »
Germ, I'm heading to Wilson this Sun. . I'll see if I can get a copy of that slob for the site. Utes

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #100 on: Feb 17, 2004, 03:30 PM »
Well ya better or you'll be Nailed to the cross like the rest of em..LOL tight lines and get the picture!

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #101 on: Feb 19, 2004, 03:49 PM »
Ahem no picture? Ok anyone ? Biggest Perch..Yellow..Post pictures please. HAs to be over 14 inches though....doesn't have to be yours go fish the internet for some Big slobs over the 14 inch mark preferablly the 10 inch mark but ill take anything in between.. LOL now go fish for some internet perch!

Offline FullTmeDad

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Back in Michigan!
« Reply #102 on: Feb 19, 2004, 09:59 PM »

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #103 on: Feb 20, 2004, 06:34 AM »
Not bad at all whos was it and how long was it? i would assume that it would be somewhere  near the 16 and a half mark?

Offline FullTmeDad

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Back in Michigan!
« Reply #104 on: Feb 24, 2004, 09:15 PM »
That beast was caught in Devils Lake in North Dakota. What a fish! It's a whole lot larger than any perch I have ever caught, but I thought you'd get a kick out of seeing it.
FTD

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #105 on: Feb 24, 2004, 09:29 PM »
[The way my fishing is going this winter anything bigger than my bait is considered a jumbo  ;D ;D ;D  On a serious side anything over 12 inches in my eyes is a jumbo.
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #106 on: Feb 25, 2004, 07:23 AM »
True Enough...I was going to go Fishing for lakers today but now i think i'll hit the perch again...Hey what the heck eh...Tight lines all im getting ready to fish PErch.

grumpymoe

« Reply #107 on: Feb 25, 2004, 08:49 AM »
germ..lol with a jumbo today..while fishing on the weekend with a couple of new friends from iceshanty, i took the time to go through the manitoba master angler publication for 2002. it contains all the species of fish that are angled for here. of note, the largest perch caught was 16", and alot in the 13"-14" range.. master angler perch must be 13" or larger to qualify. if you would like, send me a private message with your mailing address and i will mail the mag out to you.. grumpymoe

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #108 on: Feb 25, 2004, 01:32 PM »
germ..lol with a jumbo today..while fishing on the weekend with a couple of new friends from iceshanty, i took the time to go through the manitoba master angler publication for 2002. it contains all the species of fish that are angled for here. of note, the largest perch caught was 16", and alot in the 13"-14" range.. master angler perch must be 13" or larger to qualify. if you would like, send me a private message with your mailing address and i will mail the mag out to you.. grumpymoe
Sure thing Grump check your MEssages and Send me the mag Germ love's free stuff...LOL

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #109 on: Feb 25, 2004, 09:25 PM »
Well No jumbo's in the last 2 days of perch fishing for me...Iv'e caught 90 perch in the last 2 days and none reaching what i would call Jumbo STATUS. Tons of what i would call Dinks or As others call them Trapperdirk Dink PErch....lol Tight lines! Oh ya anyone else having the same problem with the lil uns>?

Offline bud

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • never put off till tom. what you can catch today!
« Reply #110 on: Mar 29, 2004, 03:26 PM »
germ i'd have to agree.  my daughter and i fish for perch here in nh and i think the biggest we have ever caught was 15 5/8"  made the in-fisherman m/a awards.  daughter has the big one this yr for region on and it wasn't even 15 1/2.  2 of our in fisherman perch were caugh by accident both time trolling for pike with BIG stick baits.  no not everyone participates in the I/F M/A awards program but i find much over 16 hard to swallow.  BTW  my daughter is only 7.  one of the reasons we perch fish....constant action.  and it takes us about 100-200 fish between fish over 12".  gota put your time in or be lucky...lol.   i will fish the lake he is talking about next winter.  if there is a 17+ in there my daughter will find it eventually!
BUD

Offline Icecycle Eddie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #111 on: Dec 26, 2004, 08:26 PM »
Saratoga lake is good for jumbo perch from time to time
you got to hit it just right some years are good some not so good. I find when the lake is lowered they hit the best
I Live To Fish

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #112 on: Dec 26, 2004, 08:44 PM »
Any perch that is bigger than the average by 3 inches is a jumbo......Lake George....12 inches......Saratoga Lake.......4 inches.... ;)

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #113 on: Dec 30, 2004, 12:59 PM »
8" or less go back, too small.....9-11 are nice...12 to 14 are jumbos.......14+ are Big SOB's!!!!

-Zach

Fishmon

« Reply #114 on: Jan 03, 2005, 12:04 PM »
Saratoga Lake can produce some true slobs that are over 15 inches.  Occassionally you will stumble into these early in the season just off weedlines.  If you find them, you will immediately be attacked by a small army of other fishermen who are not shy about drilling a hole 3 inches away from yours!

Lake George is my favorite for the biggies.  Not saying anything about where!  It's a big lake and they are out there somewhere between Lake George Village and Ticonderoga.

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
« Reply #115 on: Jan 03, 2005, 05:31 PM »
I'd say out of the 130 or so perch I have caught this year, about 30 of them were 11"+, which in my mind are jumbos. Didn't get any over about 12.5" though.
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Paul of Harrisburg

Re:how big are jumbo's
« Reply #116 on: Jan 07, 2005, 07:57 PM »
Ok so You didnt even see the thing at 20 inches..This is one of those Friend of a friend type stuff. Listen i believe my own eyes and that sometimes is doubtful untill a measure tape is beside it. Like i said before it sometimes really hard to guess a length of a fish. I went fishint today and thought the perch i was keeping were like 7-9 inches they were 5-7 inch ones poor guys. LOL i kept only 4 it was damm cold and i was gonna have a snack regradless. LOL Minus 21 outside minus 29 with the windchill. Dangit i hate that cold north wind!
OK.....I demand seeing the THERMOMETER dangit! Minus 21 degrees.....Faranheit?
Sorry guy, I need to see the proof!

Paul of Harrisburg

Re:how big are jumbo's
« Reply #117 on: Jan 07, 2005, 08:06 PM »
Based on those recorfds for perch i would have to say that the white perch gets bigger then the yellow perch. There were a few 4 pounders in the white perch sectiona and NOne for the yellow so i would have to say that if we do talk about perch size that a distinction bewteen the 2 would have to be noted for size and weight fair comparison. Thanks for doing the nosing around for the perch your doing great so far...Now just round me up that 20 incher and ill be done with it. ROFL thanks guys this is really been interesting to me.
Maybe the reason there ain't pictures of these 16-18 inch yellow perch, is that the people catching 'em don't think there is anything particularly special about them, 'cause they catch them that size all the time! he he....just stirring the pot!

Offline PeRcHsLaYeR

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I LOVE PERCH!!!!
« Reply #118 on: Jan 12, 2005, 09:16 AM »
12inches or bigger
you can call me PeRcHsLaYeR......

Offline JT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Eat Fish Hunt Tattoo
« Reply #119 on: Jan 14, 2005, 04:21 PM »