The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Noquebay  (Read 1079 times)

Offline duffmon

• Iceshanty Militia
  • IceShanty Rookie
  • living on a block of ice/ loving every minute!
Noquebay
« on: Dec 05, 2006, 11:39 PM »
How's the Ice on Noquebay! Is the north inlet still open or is it safe? I would think it isn't, but weather has been cold, just that there has been alot of wind.
May the hole in the ICE; be no smaller than the fish you drag into it!

Offline blackbeltman

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Noquebay
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2006, 11:42 PM »
this lake is always soft in areas.....  dont like it for that reason... seems to me that all kinds of soft spots with bad ice... know the water there before you venture.
Muskies............  the enternal drain in my wallet, the only fish in existence that has more mood swings than a woman and lastly all other fish is just bait!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline duffmon

• Iceshanty Militia
  • IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2006, 12:04 AM »
Thanks blackbeltman,
  Ya, I have been fishing this lake for many years and know how fast the North inlet can change! Many times I have fish this spot to only have it open up while I was fishing it. Having to check everytime I when to inspect my tip-ups. Other times having to remove them because the ice would melt while I was fishing. So I know the lake.

Rule one when fishing any new or suspect lake, Carry a spud and use it every step you take! For me; Two slams with the spud and I can go on, one and I return for where I've previously been. So far I have never fallen in, but there is always a first time :o, that is why I keep a pair of Ice picks in my top pocket. ;)2

Offline 2 dogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2006, 06:47 PM »
There have been a few venture out on foot a ways off the north shore but not me, to old for that refreshing dip this time of year. How is Coldron Falls doing? :tipup:
Good thing about prisons- they reduce the potential number of fisherman on the ice!

Offline duffmon

• Iceshanty Militia
  • IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2006, 02:03 AM »
Thanks, 2 dogs ;)

I believe the weather is going to warm-up in the coming days, but I will have to get up there and see what I can see.  :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.