The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Menomonie area  (Read 7327 times)

Offline backatit

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Menomonie area
« Reply #30 on: Dec 02, 2006, 08:47 AM »
ya i weigh the 200# and 2" of ice are not enough, actully it is but not more then 10 min in one spot, does anyone have any suggestions for walleye or perch early ice. im not looking for exact locations just general.

First of all welcome packman ;)2  This is a great site and a lot of info. If you're looking for some perch try Bone Lake.  It's little drive but not as far as Danbury.  We have fished it many times but it can be hit and miss just like any other lake.  Go to the north end and you'll see where they're fishing.  We have also went out on the south end and went toward the east shore about mid-way and got some pretty nice ones.  There are a lot of lakes around that area so you can move around pretty quick to a different lake if nothings biting.

Offline packmann

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Dec 02, 2006, 09:00 AM »
YA I HAVE FISHED IT A FEW TIMES LAST YEAR SOUTH OF THE ISLAND WAS WERE I GOT MY BIGGEST NORTHERN THREW THE ICE. I LIVE CLOSER TO MENOMIN SO I WAS WONDERING WHERE I SHOULD TRY THERE.
IF YOUR NOT GOING TO EAT IT DON'T KEEP IT !

Offline Evan Turner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Dec 02, 2006, 01:22 PM »
i get all my fishing in on lake altoona and half moon right around the eau claire area, since half moon used to be connected to the river theres everyhting you can think of in there from musky to catfish to dogfish!  best spot ive found is right under the b-95 radio station (by the rock face) or behind lakeshore elementry in that back bay.

altoona is pretty much just the place we go to get our rowdy on but everynow and then when we do fish its pretty good.

anyone else fish on these lakes? or know of any hotspots around eau clarie?  ;D

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #33 on: Dec 02, 2006, 03:33 PM »
Ran into a guy at Sheels sports and he fishes Altoona.

Went by Cemetary on Menomin and there was a guy out there with his canoe and 2 others with a boat. Guy at Fleet Farm says theres only 1.5" on there. Not for me I'll give at least another week probably

Offline bbmonkey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 02, 2006, 04:51 PM »
I was out by New Richmond today. There was at least 4" of ice on some of the larger ponds and smaller lakes that I fish up there.

I am going to take a trip up to Lake George tomorrow to see what that looks like.

Offline packmann

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 02, 2006, 05:10 PM »
hey bbmonkey i work in new richmond and have fished a few of these ponds, we fished just once by the airport and caught about 200 2" perch. i do know a spot where we were getting little over 1lb sunnies but you had to catch about 20 1" to 4" ones first.

Offline bbmonkey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 02, 2006, 05:51 PM »
There used to be alot of jumbo perch in there but they pretty much got fished out.

Offline mr_Walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #37 on: Dec 03, 2006, 06:51 PM »
menomin is mostly froze over and some small bays are now fishable (FINALY)
CoRy

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #38 on: Dec 03, 2006, 07:29 PM »
I was fishing Cemetary around 3:00 today about 20 cars down there.

Offline packmann

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Dec 03, 2006, 07:32 PM »
how many inches ?

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #40 on: Dec 03, 2006, 07:34 PM »
3-4" of good ice going back out wednesday with my kid. Have your ice cleats on if you got them

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #41 on: Dec 03, 2006, 09:46 PM »
 Evan, I fish Dells Mill Pond and Lake Eau Claire which are a few miles north of Augusta, pretty good fishing on Lake Eau Claire
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Offline perchpatrol6969

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Dec 06, 2006, 09:12 AM »
Ok Give the info on where you are catching the big perch and what you call big perch. I'd love to land on them just once.

I never keep a perch under 9 1/2  inches, and have caught lots of 12 inchers, and a few 13 inchers.  I cant tell you where to catch them, but a forage minnow and a whole fathead works the best. 

Offline packmann

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Dec 06, 2006, 10:35 AM »
do you have luck with the perch all year round or just 1st ice.

Offline badgericefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #44 on: Dec 07, 2006, 02:03 PM »
   Has anyone been on Tainter yet?  How is the ice near Elk Point and near the Northwest Landing

Offline perchpatrol6969

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Dec 12, 2006, 09:38 AM »
do you have luck with the perch all year round or just 1st ice.

I have pretty good luck from this time of the year, until there is about twelve inches of ice.  After about a foot of ice, I'll be lucky to catch my limit.  I usually like to drill my holes about a half hour before light, but I have found that the best bite comes at around midmorning.  And dont even waste your time fishing during low pressure weather unless it is rediculously warm. 

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Dec 15, 2006, 06:27 AM »
any of you guys lookin for a fishing partner out there?  my inlaws got a cabin last year over by luck and i'm just starting to get to know a few of the local lakes, but it's hard to get to know when there's so many lakes in the area!  any help would be appreciated.  i'll bring bait and drinks of choice

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.