Author Topic: Zach's 2005-06 Hardwater Season: Update 2-15 Smallmouth and other pics (Page 13)  (Read 28890 times)

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
WOW! Glad your ok! That sucks.......

PIKEGUY

Jebus man! That looks like a mess. Good thing no tackle was injured in the crash :P Glad you are ok, I did that only about 20 times worse and now I always have a sore back. Didn't bother me at the time...but now..ouch. Hope you had good insurance on that baby. Looked nice :'(

Offline Caroga Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bring On The Ice!!!
Glad to hear you and the Vex are Ok.... :)

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
dude, that crash looks rockstar!  Good thing you or your gear weren't seriously injured.  You can always replace a truck, but replacing a lucky jigging rod is a little more difficult.

Frozen_nutts

glad your ok.....hope you didn't injure your jigging arm? ;D

Offline kaybe15fishgirl

• IceShanty Rookie
 :o  ZACH!!!!!!!!!!

You are one lucky bugger! I am so happy that nothing happened to you... i mean not that i don't care about your fishing stuff but... well ACTUALLY I do!! :P Because if you weren't hurt and your fishing stuff got destroyed.... well then you would definitely be upset! And I definitely don't want that!!! I love you so much hunny! Don't go doing that again god d**n-it!
-Kaybe :-*

Offline BAZOOKAJOE

• Team IceShanty Addict
Yeah, hunny you be careful now.   :-* ;D  Seriously though hunny I'm glad you're okay.     :)

D**n slip, leave the poor boy alone!!
Zach, hope your OK!!

Offline PikerDude

• IceShanty Rookie
Glad you are ok,how bout the truck though?Gotta have transportation back to school and fishin spots.

Offline reubenpa

• Team IceShanty Addict
I love you so much hunny!

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:   hehhehehehehehhehehehe hehehe   

u got a romantic fisher for a girl good job Zach!!!!!!!!!! hope ur jigging again soon and good luck with the car search now!!!

Offline Grimace

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ive Had It
Nice to see the plow in the first picture, where was he when you needed him. 

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
Thanks guys, I was just fine. My neck is still a little sore, but aside from that, I'm just fine!  :wacko:  As far as the truck goes...well, I'm afraid it's totaled...  :pinch:  The vehicle search comes once the claims adjuster gets back to us with the official verdict (although the guy who owns the body shop is an adjuster, and he said (as if I didn't know already!) that there's no way to repair a bent frame!  :-\ ).

This is basically what happened:  I was heading up the hill on my way to the lake, and moved over a little bit to the right.  As I moved, my left rear tire hit a SUPER slick spot, and it through my towards that ditch...I overcorrected and headed back towards that drop off/field/swamp on the right side, so I cut the wheel again and hit ANOTHER slick spot which pitched me directly at that ditch/bank.  I hit head-on, and as I hit (from what I'm guessing) the rear end lifted up as I rolled.  I ended up facing the wrong way, on my side/lid.  The hell of it is, the air bag didn't even go off!  The guy at the body shop said it's because it has an inertia switch, which only deploys if the vehicle comes to a sudden stop (in my case, I bounced and rolled).  Oh well, I was just glad to walk away unscratched!  :flex:

As far as fishing goes, I don't know when I'll be able to get on the ice...  :-\

Keep 'em on all fours  ;),

-Zach

camo_fish

wow, so you bounced and flipped, ouch. Yea, it's a miracle that you only got a sour neck out of it.
Supper glad that your ok, and made it out with minor injuries.

PIKEGUY

:o  ZACH!!!!!!!!!!

You are one lucky bugger! I am so happy that nothing happened to you... i mean not that i don't care about your fishing stuff but... well ACTUALLY I do!! :P Because if you weren't hurt and your fishing stuff got destroyed.... well then you would definitely be upset! And I definitely don't want that!!! I love you so much hunny! Don't go doing that again god d**n-it!

:o  ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-*

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
Man crappy deal. Look on the bright side, you're OK and now you can buy a CHEVY ;D No really good to know you're OK.

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
Glad to see you are OK from that nasty crash.  If you were driving a Chevy or a Dodge you would probally be seriously injured.  I had a similar crash 10 years ago and actually made out in the end (insurance company screw up).

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
Well, I've been out a few times since the accident, and have done alright...but nothing spectacular.

I've made a few trips up to the Bluegill Pond during the last week, but since I haven't scored on any true giants, I didn't want my picture taken.  :P  I brought my girlfriend out one day, and she caught a few gills. 

This was her first of the season...She caught a few, and I caught maybe 15 or so in the hour that we had to fish before dark.  I went back the next day, and caught a ton, but again no monsters...biggest was 9", so I didn't take any pics.

On Wednesday, I fished Hunts Pond, from 6:30 AM (when I actually began fishing)to 5 PM...The fishing was hot at times.  I caught around 30 crappies, 2 bluegills and a pickerel before full light, all jigging.  I didn't take any pictures, because the action was literally non-stop...Then throughout the day it was slow, with periodic spurts of action.  I jigged up probably 30 gills and seeds (at least), another crappie, a handful of perch, and 2 bass.

This might be the smallest bass I have EVER caught...
I also got a few flags, although like the jigging, the action was slow and spotty. I had 2 BIG fish run me into heavy cover and break me off...I believe one was a big bass, and the other was a big pickerel.  I did manage to get a few pickerel and bass on tipups though, including this nice bass.

If you look at my left leg, you can see that it's wet.  That's because I had a can of Coke in my coat pocket that exploded, and ended of soaking my leg.  That kind of stunk, but luckily it wasn't very cold.
In the evening, I managed a few more crappies and a TON of small gills, in an hour or so.  Wasn't a bad day to be on the ice my any means.

-Zach

PIKEGUY

I like the 2 Bass pics. Momma and baby ;) Looks like a good time.  Bummer about the coke though :D

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice haul Zach ;)
Andrew

Offline BAZOOKAJOE

• Team IceShanty Addict
Zach, looks like the lil lady should of bought you an electric razor (instead of the new vex) for x-mas.  Just kidding!!  Nice BASS!!!

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
Zach, looks like the lil lady should of bought you an electric razor (instead of the new vex) for x-mas.  Just kidding!!  Nice BASS!!!

Actually, she DID buy me a razor for Christmas...  :P Although she likes the hair on my face now, and doesn't want me to shave it... I tell people I'm growing a mask because the winters at PSC are brutal.  ;)  Of course, I guess this isn't exactly a brutal winter, eh?

-Zach

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Actually, she DID buy me a razor for Christmas...  :P Although she likes the hair on my face now, and doesn't want me to shave it... I tell people I'm growing a mask because the winters at PSC are brutal.  ;)  Of course, I guess this isn't exactly a brutal winter, eh?

-Zach

Yeah, this 500weather kinda kill your Siberia excuse...lol.

Nice bass!

camo_fish

very nice outting, now maybe your tipups will be stringing into action more.  :tipup:  :tipup:  :tipup:  :tipup:
Fish On!  ;D

Offline fishincrazy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The meaning of life is fishing with your friends.
Nice fish and that is one small bass
All I need is ice and the fish will come.

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
very nice outting, now maybe your tipups will be stringing into action more.  :tipup:  :tipup:  :tipup:  :tipup:
Fish On!  ;D

;D ;D
Andrew

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
way to keep fishing zach! Nice fish!
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline Kyle_

• Team IceShanty Addict
I had a can of Coke in my coat pocket that exploded, and ended of soaking my leg. 
-Zach

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uure  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline ol crawdad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH HUNT LIVE
Nice fish CBH!!!

Offline BAZOOKAJOE

• Team IceShanty Addict

"...you're like the only kid in school with a mustache..."  ND    :D

Offline kaybe15fishgirl

• IceShanty Rookie
**hunny bunches of my Zach-a-mo**

yes yes I said it! :D

I like the facial hair... let it be!... Well until your mom gets on your case again!   I love you hunny! Hope to go out again within the week.. be fore you go back to college... :'(.. I'll live but I'll be missin' you!

-Kaybe

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.