Author Topic: Walleyes Silver lake, NY  (Read 4066 times)

Offline jschoon

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Never to COLD!
Walleyes Silver lake, NY
« on: Jan 14, 2005, 10:41 AM »
Can you HELP a rookie? Where are the walleyes in Silver Lake, an area of the lake to start in? Best baits? Any techniques you would like to share? Thank You ??? :'(
Keep safe, Hard water fishing, what a rush!
It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. Ursula K. Guin

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Walleyes Silver lake, NY
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2005, 03:37 PM »
I don't know anything about Silver Lake, but for walleyes in general, fish on rocky areas or weedlines, at dawn or dusk going into night. Look for dropoffs with rocky areas, anywhere from 10 to 20 feet of water. If available, hot spots maps will definitely help you find those areas.
Use small to medium sized minnows on tipups near the bottom. You can also jig near the bottom with jigging rapalas or Swedish pimples, tipped with part of a minnow.
If I knew the lake better, I could help you more, but this should be of some good to ya...
Good Luck, and Tight Lines!
                              Wes ;)

Offline jschoon

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Never to COLD!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2005, 04:18 PM »
Thank you Pasqatch, I will try those tip next time I go.
Joe
It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. Ursula K. Guin

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2005, 07:45 PM »
Hope it works for you, but don't get discouraged if you don't find them the first time, over here in the eastern part of the state it can take a couple times out to find them. Make sure you check out the rest of the Walleye forum for tips, and joining a veteran on an excursion can help you get acquanted to where they are in the lake. Check Ny Reports and Condtuions for Silver Lake, there may be some information avaiable there... :)
                      <*(((((}-< Wes <*(((((}-<

Offline jschoon

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Never to COLD!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2005, 11:04 PM »
Hope it works for you, but don't get discouraged if you don't find them the first time, over here in the eastern part of the state it can take a couple times out to find them. Make sure you check out the rest of the Walleye forum for tips, and joining a veteran on an excursion can help you get acquanted to where they are in the lake. Check Ny Reports and Condtuions for Silver Lake, there may be some information avaiable there... :)
                      <*(((((}-< Wes <*(((((}-<
won't get discouraged, I keep reading the articles and looking and tring different techniques. Thanks

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2005, 07:36 PM »
Good Luck! ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.