Author Topic: Yooper Get together  (Read 2291 times)

Offline killitandgrillit

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Drilling and Grilling!
Yooper Get together
« on: Jan 18, 2006, 07:39 PM »
I'm planning a get together in Eskie with a bunch of yoopers. Looking at Feb 25th in Eskie, fishing off the Terrace. We're aiming to get into the Burbot run. Should be alot of action. PM me for details.

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found,because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I  don't want to waste the trip; maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so m

Offline trainwreck

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Yooper Get together
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2006, 08:31 PM »
That is the same day of the Big Brothers,Big Sisters derby in Gladstone. Could be a combo trip. Maybe win some cash.

Offline unkymer

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Michigan's Upper Peninsula
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2006, 11:33 AM »
Great idea, but bad timing for me personally. Have fun though.

Offline axtell31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2006, 02:22 PM »
You can plan on seeing me there.  I will PM you later of something as the date gets closer when I can find out for sure if i can make it up there but it sounds good right now.

Offline frozenstiff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2006, 09:28 AM »
hey I might be interested but have never fished for burbot what all do you need. like rod tip-up bait ect. thanks Tim

Offline killitandgrillit

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Drilling and Grilling!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2006, 02:29 PM »
I'd suggest at least bringing two tipups and a jigging rod. I get most of my hits off a tipup, however, a buckshot glo jig and a minnow head are good bets, not only for burbot, but dandy walleye as well.

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found,because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I  don't want to waste the trip; maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so m

Offline killitandgrillit

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Drilling and Grilling!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2006, 01:55 PM »
Axtell, Frozenstiff, Unk...still in? Have you signed up on the website thread yet?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.