Author Topic: Tuned Up Custom Rods - Precision Noodle or Bullwhip?  (Read 3500 times)

Offline NYBasser

• Team IceShanty Regular
Tuned Up Custom Rods - Precision Noodle or Bullwhip?
« on: Feb 27, 2017, 12:52 PM »
Interested in picking up a new ice rod for next season, have been looking at the tuned up custom rods very closely. I plan to use this rod for Crappie, Bluegills, and Perch with spoons and plastics from 1/16 oz to 1/8 oz. Looking for something with a sensitive tip that can detect the "up bite" from crappies. What rod would you guys recommend? Any info will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Offline FlamDragger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Tuned Up Custom Rods - Precision Noodle or Bullwhip?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2017, 07:40 PM »
My Bullwhip will definitely let you see the up bite. I can detect the light biters just fine. No experience with the PN, but I couldn't be happier with my Bullwhip for pannies.

Offline NYBasser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2017, 09:54 PM »
My Bullwhip will definitely let you see the up bite. I can detect the light biters just fine. No experience with the PN, but I couldn't be happier with my Bullwhip for pannies.

Thanks. I'm definitely leaning towards the bullwhip, just so it can effectively handle the stray bass or pickerel that get hooked.

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2017, 07:32 AM »
I have both and the are very similar in sensitivity, but the Bullwhip has a stiffer backbone. That said, I wouldn't use the Bullwhip for anything smaller than 1/16oz as I dont feel it would load up enough to see the up bite. Basically I use the PN for jigs with plastics (usually around 1/32oz or tungsten 3mm and 4mm) and use the BW for 1/16oz spoons and 5mm tungsten jigs.

I have noticed the type of line used can play a factor in seeing the bite. I use 3lb ice magic  on the PN while I had 4lb Floro on the BW. Not a fan of the Floro as it seemed too stiff for 1/16oz spoons, it wouldnt lay flat going thru the rod and could cause a slight delay is seeing a bite

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.