Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Shack Tips

Short lady putting up a hub shanty

<< < (2/2)

ran7ger:
Pop up one or two sides than pop the top.  Just tip it over when it's time for take down.  I do mine this way even though I'm 6'4.

hardwater diehard:
Couple of techniques to try on dry land  ...also maybe a collapsible plastic stool could be used to gain some height to pop up the center after the sides...later the stool can be used to keep the heater off the ice and keep slush at a minimum

cwavs1982:

--- Quote from: AspensMom352 on Feb 20, 2024, 11:37 AM ---The roof section is my only concern & I know that's where to start.  I'm wondering if I could lay it on its side & secure it somehow & pop the top out sideways.

--- End quote ---

Most manufacturers will tell you to start with the sides, then do the roof last.  Personally, I have done it both ways.  Whichever is easiest for you.  Can you lay it on its sides - sure.  You may have to decide if its easier to do the roof first, then start pulling the sides out, when done, just flip it upright.

Just watch whichever way the wind is blowing so it doesn't turn into a sail. 

ran7ger:
I guess a milk crate or bucket would solve the problem too.

badbrad2186:

--- Quote from: AspensMom352 on Feb 20, 2024, 10:34 AM ---I am 5'0" tall & plan to fish alone.  A flip-over shanty won't fit in my vehicle.  I have tried the hub-style shanties & can't get the top hub set due to my height & strength.  Ideas???

--- End quote ---

Suitcase style fits in trunk of a Honda civic

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version