The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Well these lakes are shot for a while (added a couple pictures)  (Read 2705 times)

Offline C P

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hold my beer and watch this
Went Friday with a group of 6 and ende up with about 65 nice gills and a couple nice crappies.

Fished Brooks Lake friday night and 3 of us ended up catchin 6 total so that was pretty slow.

To the real point of this...

I was out by Croton and Hardy Pond's yesterday and there was guys fishin on both but but from all the rain last night and today there is a lot of open water on now.

Anyway I was just wonderin if anyone else has seen how some other lakes are holdin up?

Makes me so GLAD I went out and bought a brand new shanty yesterday!!! Looks like I'm gonna have to use it as a boat...

Weather forecast isnt looking to bright either it supposed change to snow but temps are still going going to be in the mid 30's...not good for makeing ice.

Friends little brother with a small gill that went back down the hole.

Now thats a lot of rods and gear in a pretty small area.

I caught a fish once! 

TEAM MITTEN

"EDITED"

Offline 10FrozenToes

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Well these lakes are shot for a while
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2008, 07:37 PM »
Went Friday with a group of 6 and ende up with about 65 nice gills and a couple nice crappies.

Fished Brooks Lake friday night and 3 of us ended up catchin 6 total so that was pretty slow.

I was out by Croton and Hardy Pond's yesterday and there was guys fishin on both but but from all the rain last night and today there is a lot of open water on now.

Anyway I was just wonderin if anyone else has seen how some other lakes are holdin up?

Makes me so GLAD I went out and bought a brand new shanty yesterday!!! Looks like I'm gonna have to use it as a boat...

Weather forecast isnt looking to bright either it supposed change to snow but temps are still going going to be in the mid 30's...not good for makeing ice.

with 30-50 mph wind get out your wind chill chart and do the math they will hold up below freezing tomarrow night think positive.

Offline icefisher69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2008, 07:42 PM »
10frozentoes,I like your optimism! Think positive!

Offline C P

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I like to think positive but lets be realistic...it was 55 degrees in Newaygo today whear I was right on Croton pond and it rained all last night and all of today. The ice is not safe. Ive been watching the weather since sine I got back home in CP and tomorrow its supposed to snow which wont help the ice at all. And all next week its suppoed to be in the mid 30's which doesnt make ice.
I caught a fish once! 

TEAM MITTEN

"EDITED"

Offline icecaptain

• Team IceShanty Addict

(Image removed from quote.)
Friends little brother with a small gill that went back down the hole.

(Image removed from quote.)
Now thats a lot of rods and gear in a pretty small area.

thats a ton of rods and equipment. looks a tangle waiting to happen  ;) ;) ;)    hope it was lots of fun
"the worst day of fishing is always better than a great day at work"

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Love the photo - middle rod, corkscrewing 'gill on the way up, Better you than me  ::)

Offline tazdevil300

• Team IceShanty Addict
Ice will be fine its 30 right now and you don;t need it to get much below freezing this time of year to firm it up also shorter days and it is colder after dark most of the time for longer freezing temps.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
how do you get up and out to pee!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline Rat-Man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
That's a great way to learn how to untangle lines.
LIMIT YOUR KILL - DON'T KILL YOUR LIMIT

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Too bad you don't have a 10" auger....you could put multiple lines down the same hole and get tangled just as much!

Looks cool though!

Offline Redbone

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Well these lakes are shot for a while (added a couple pictures)
« Reply #10 on: Dec 28, 2008, 07:33 AM »
Good pics... I have been there!

Remember... The forcasts are a HIGH of 35 or so.  That means only for an hour or two will it be above freezing.  The rest of the day should be making ice. I got my fingers crossed.
\"YOUR FLAG IS..... down!\"

Offline GFHFG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 28, 2008, 07:38 AM »
how many holes does it take to catch a fish??? ;D ;D
Thankyou God for hunting and fishing

Offline C P

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 28, 2008, 10:02 AM »
It really wasnt hard we never had a single tangle even with a couple minnows down there. What do you guys have no faith in me? Am I the only one who fishes with multiple rods? See look at it like this the more bait ya got down there the better your odds of catching fish are right?

You want to know how many holes it takes to catch fish? Roughly at least 15 a trip...Gotta find where they are to begin with.
I caught a fish once! 

TEAM MITTEN

"EDITED"

Offline doppleganger

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Work is for people who don't know how to fish.
« Reply #13 on: Dec 28, 2008, 10:54 AM »
the main lake I fish in the Parma area fared well. I just came from there a while ago and still have 6'-8' of ice. Had near a foot before the warm-up. If anything, I would say it has helped this lake by getting rid of all the snow. Still enough ice that I rode the quad to the honey-hole. Brought 17 gills home. The wind is going to die down this evening and the temps are going down to below freezing. All is well here. A couple hours of above freezing in the day is not going to hurt this lake. Good fishing to you.

Offline krayfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 28, 2008, 02:14 PM »
It really wasnt hard we never had a single tangle even with a couple minnows down there. What do you guys have no faith in me? Am I the only one who fishes with multiple rods? See look at it like this the more bait ya got down there the better your odds of catching fish are right?

You want to know how many holes it takes to catch fish? Roughly at least 15 a trip...Gotta find where they are to begin with.

i think ur allowed 2 poles right! lol

Offline C P

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 28, 2008, 05:50 PM »
Yea I know that...There was 3 guys in the shanty and the red pole on the far right wasnt being used.
I caught a fish once! 

TEAM MITTEN

"EDITED"

Offline BCice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 28, 2008, 06:03 PM »
 Hey, you got a receipt for those minnows.  ;D Just kidding, just kidding...... Your set up looks really good to me!
Ron

Offline Rumrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Awwwww, go for it.
« Reply #17 on: Dec 28, 2008, 08:05 PM »
with 30-50 mph wind get out your wind chill chart and do the math they will hold up below freezing tomarrow night think positive.

Are you suggesting that a 7 below wind chill will make ice faster than 7o above zero?

M.I.R.C. 

Offline dachmation

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #18 on: Dec 28, 2008, 09:07 PM »
Are you suggesting that a 7 below wind chill will make ice faster than 7o above zero?
Thanks Rum, I was trying to figure out how to word that. LOL

Offline Rumrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Awwwww, go for it.
« Reply #19 on: Dec 28, 2008, 09:32 PM »
Thanks Rum, I was trying to figure out how to word that. LOL

No problem Dach....We went through this last year too...LOL

M.I.R.C. 

Offline Rip N Lips

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 28, 2008, 09:40 PM »
Got room for a couple more poles there.. Bet ya was take them off tose 2 pole hun.. ;D Keep ya lines tight!

Offline jer204

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 29, 2008, 09:40 AM »
I like it!  Looks like my shanty!  More poles, better odds.

Offline C P

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Dec 29, 2008, 12:34 PM »
Actually I did get a  recipt for those minnows but who knows what I did with it. Well I dont think theres a chance of me hitting the ice for a while these warm temps. I left GR today to stay at a friends in St.Joe and on the way up was I lookin at all the lakes and 90% of them had open water across them...

Looks like maybe I'll be hitting the river to see If I can find a steelie or two while I wait for things to ice back up.

$h!t I saw 4 guys on motocycles today...this is just depressing although I did pick up 2 more rods a new reel and a bunch of lures from Gander Mountain today.
I caught a fish once! 

TEAM MITTEN

"EDITED"

Offline doppleganger

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Work is for people who don't know how to fish.
« Reply #23 on: Dec 29, 2008, 02:13 PM »
hit the ice at 8 am this morning, waited for the sun to peak out so I could see the ice better. I was back in my car heading home at 10 am with a limit of gills. Fishing was insane good this morning.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.