The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: chillin down by the end of the week  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Martian

• Team IceShanty Addict
chillin down by the end of the week
« on: Dec 18, 2012, 05:16 AM »
 gettin ready to go huntin this a;m, watched the weather,  sunday looks to be our first, under freezing day, high 28. as long as it is not 45 the next 3, maybe we're on out way. I am very much looking forward to this year, vexi', spinning, flags up, all that stuff!

Offline IceinKzoo

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: chillin down by the end of the week
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2012, 07:30 AM »
Good Luck Hunting.  I am ready to get on the ice.  As soon as it is 3 inches or more I will venture out.  A little behind though.  I need to break out my gear and get it all ready to go.  Been swamped with work and Christmas so I haven't done any preparation yet.  Hasn't stopped me from buying more gear though.  I stopped at Cabelas last week in Hammond, IN and Brian Brohsdal was there so I got to speak with him and get some tips on good jigs and plastics so I had to buy what he recommended.  Also the wife bought me a 6 inch Nils for my birthday this December.  Can't wait to put the old Lazer 8 inch away and drill some holes with my Nils.  I have a Eskimo Power Auger for when the ice is thick but if that Nils is as good as everyone says it is I might not need the power auger that much this season until I go up to Burt Lake in January.

Offline bigbuckmiddaugh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2012, 10:19 AM »
we should start making little ice after today and keeping it.  20's here ,then as week goes low teens..high of maybeeeee 32

Yahooo...maybe i'll get on ice around christmas

Offline carver1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I CANT LEAVE, I ALMOST HAD A BITE
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2012, 10:55 AM »
I sure hope this is our start... I think it is. pray pray pray

Offline carbidemanfishing

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2012, 02:18 PM »
Well arent you gona share with us what he recommended on them jigs n plastics?

Good Luck Hunting.  I am ready to get on the ice.  As soon as it is 3 inches or more I will venture out.  A little behind though.  I need to break out my gear and get it all ready to go.  Been swamped with work and Christmas so I haven't done any preparation yet.  Hasn't stopped me from buying more gear though.  I stopped at Cabelas last week in Hammond, IN and Brian Brohsdal was there so I got to speak with him and get some tips on good jigs and plastics so I had to buy what he recommended.  Also the wife bought me a 6 inch Nils for my birthday this December.  Can't wait to put the old Lazer 8 inch away and drill some holes with my Nils.  I have a Eskimo Power Auger for when the ice is thick but if that Nils is as good as everyone says it is I might not need the power auger that much this season until I go up to Burt Lake in January.

Offline P Meyette

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2012, 03:33 PM »
the storm already has its  name drago lower mich 2to4 bay city north possible up to 10 inches p[ossible depending how it tracts

Offline DaveW731

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2012, 03:41 PM »
the storm already has its  name drago lower mich 2to4 bay city north possible up to 10 inches p[ossible depending how it tracts
If the snow hits before the water freezes, so much the better.  Helps keep air temps down.  10" of snow on top of 1" of ice, by contrast REALLY SUCKS!
"There is no failure, except in no longer trying"

Offline Martian

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2012, 08:20 AM »
 Hey Dave w, just wondering if you tip-p fish Lake L any? I have heard stories ranging from lots of big pike, to just lots of pie. I was there 2 years ago,  some pannies, 2 flags, 1 fish, hammer handle, thanks Mike

Offline scout 2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2012, 08:26 AM »
 got 4 or 5 inches of wet snow last night. Our pond had ice and the snow is sitting on top of the ice no water showing on it anywhere. This is not a good sign. Suppose to change to rain and take some of it away but rain means warmer temp.

Offline pikefishmen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2012, 09:00 AM »
after friday the lows are in the teens

Offline buddlakemusky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 22, 2012, 12:14 AM »
nothing can stop it this week light winds low temps not much snow we good this made

Offline Tipup Master

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A bad start to the day!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 22, 2012, 05:46 AM »

IceinKzoo............. .you will love your 6 inch Nils and find it works so easy you'd wish you'd got the 8 inch.  I do....especially for tipups.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.