The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Well I did it again....  (Read 1273 times)

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over i will ice fish there to...
Well I did it again....
« on: Jan 24, 2012, 04:44 PM »
went out today and spent more $$ on equipment, This year is beginning to be an expensive year for having so little ice..LOL...The surprising part is the wife is being cool with it  :thumbsup: to her but i ended up getting a Eskimo quick fish 3, A rod holder bag (that i might return) and a couple new tip downs and a lazer auger...I am officially cutting myself off from buying anything else  ;) And i am going out for most of the day tomorrow for my birthday to break it all in just can't figure out were yet... 
FISH ON

Offline Capt J

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Well I did it again....
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2012, 04:55 PM »
Happy b day bro!  Glad your helping the economy as we.  :)

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2012, 05:14 PM »
Thanks man! I haven't even checked to see if the Eskimo was mad in the USA.. ;D
FISH ON

Offline PikeKing2323

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2012, 05:24 PM »
I got out today for 2 hours to break in all of the new equipment and only caught one in 2 hours. Tried multiple jigs/ baits but they just wouldnt bite. The vex was marking a bunch of fish Though. Hopefully you get more fish than me!

Offline short.pole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2012, 05:49 PM »
I got out today for 2 hours to break in all of the new equipment and only caught one in 2 hours. Tried multiple jigs/ baits but they just wouldnt bite. The vex was marking a bunch of fish Though. Hopefully you get more fish than me!
. Thanks for helping me get on some ice Saturday. Dad enjoyed being on the lake for his birthday. We only caught one bass and one gill but we had a great time!
The first liar doesn't stand a chance.

Offline princecraft

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2012, 06:36 PM »
went out today and spent more $$ on equipment, This year is beginning to be an expensive year for having so little ice..LOL...The surprising part is the wife is being cool with it  :thumbsup: to her but i ended up getting a Eskimo quick fish 3, A rod holder bag (that i might return) and a couple new tip downs and a lazer auger...I am officially cutting myself off from buying anything else  ;) And i am going out for most of the day tomorrow for my birthday to break it all in just can't figure out were yet...

Good for you and enjoy and by the way, nice talking to you out on the ice Thursday night.
Fisherman's Prayer
   I pray that I may live to fish
          Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
       I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net
           And peacefully asleep,
      That in His mercy I be Judged
              BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Offline dgb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Gill Time!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2012, 06:44 PM »
Happy B-Day there chfishon.....see you on the ice again soon.. If the wife does get mad you just give me those new toys and I will break them in for you...lol
Tight Lines!
DGB

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2012, 07:44 PM »
Good for you and enjoy and by the way, nice talking to you out on the ice Thursday night.
It was nice talking to..We all will have to go out again sometime
Happy B-Day there chfishon.....see you on the ice again soon.. If the wife does get mad you just give me those new toys and I will break them in for you...lol
Tight Lines!
DGB
Thanks man, and if she does get mad i may need them to sleep in...lol...
FISH ON

Offline PikeKing2323

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2012, 08:00 PM »
. Thanks for helping me get on some ice Saturday. Dad enjoyed being on the lake for his birthday. We only caught one bass and one gill but we had a great time!
Yeah the bite wasn't very good. Vex wad marking fish but not many takers. We caught about 15 gills a perch and about 3 bass. The bite there is very early morning and dusk. When we got there we got 10 fish in about 30 mins then the bite stopped.

Offline ggfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2012, 08:08 PM »

Happy B day to ya. Where are you going to fish? Wherever you go I hope its flags up :tipup: and bobbers down for yourself. Good luck...

Offline pzoch

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2012, 08:43 PM »
Happy Birthday!!!

Offline strike1st

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 24, 2012, 08:45 PM »
Happy birthday!
"All men have fears, but the brave put down their fears and go forward, sometimes to death, but always to victory" motto of the King's Guard in ancient Greece.

Offline rippin lipps

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 24, 2012, 09:40 PM »
Happy b-day! We need to get put sometime soon and rip some lips.

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 25, 2012, 01:31 PM »
Thanks everyone...Made it out this morning and got a couple gills and some perch but i worked hard for them..Set up the new shanty and i love it there was so much space compared to my shappell 1.0..lol..and the ice was still good and it was kind of nice not trudging through snow...I am hoping this worm weather don't soften up the ice i would like to get out again soon i will probably be checking it everyday and i am hoping to find a good spot  to fish for the weekend..and if anyone makes it out good luck and be safe....
FISH ON

Offline topwaterbait

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 25, 2012, 06:28 PM »
Man thats a nice setup.

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 25, 2012, 07:31 PM »
Thanks...
FISH ON

Offline rippin lipps

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 25, 2012, 07:35 PM »
Looks like one of those rippin lipps custom rods. Lol, I got a good lake of you want to make a trip over to allegan county. Looking to go out Friday mornin if your interested.

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 25, 2012, 07:49 PM »
Man i love that rod it is probably the best rod i have owned  i have been meaning to give u a call for a couple more
FISH ON

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.