Author Topic: Panoptix - wow!  (Read 2486 times)

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Panoptix - wow!
« on: Dec 12, 2018, 07:18 PM »
Got a look at Panoptix on the ice today (thanks kayl!) Incredible... No Livescope option but just Panoptix by itself can be a game changer. I was shopping an upgrade for the boat. Panoptix just became the wild card.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Drift Dodger

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Panoptix - wow!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2018, 07:25 PM »
Which Garmin sonar and Panoptix transducer models were being used?
Garmin EchoMAP Plus 95sv, Garmin EchoMAP CHIRP 53dv, Garmin GT8HW-IF, Garmin GT10HN-IF, DeWalt DCD999B, K-Drill 7.5"

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2018, 08:58 PM »
Which Garmin sonar and Panoptix transducer models were being used?

Echomap 93sv Plus and PS22. I also have the traditional style GT10HN-IF ducer, which has an adjustable cone angle from 7°-16° for use in graph and flasher style sonar.

This was my first time using panoptix on the ice and it was awesome, even if the fish weren't out over the basin. That's when it will really shine imo.

The red circled area is 2 fish that came up to my bait, looked at it, and then left. They're 4' to my right in the pic at 12' deep.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2018, 06:36 AM »
Smokin...

This will end up impacting fishing regulations, at least for my kids.

It is too good not to have an impact.
Veritas Odium Parit

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2018, 07:15 AM »
Any videos with the LiveScope option? I'd like to see the difference from the LiveVu.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2018, 07:25 AM »
Here is a nice one on Facebook about a guy chasing Brook Trout.

Interestingly, at the end of the video he states that he caught 6 trout, even thought they were very finicky (and you can see them being finicky on his screen). But he caught 6 and 5 people nearby only caught 1 trout between them all.  This is already changing things.

https://www.facebook.com/372655737921/videos/1820702361386372/?hc_location=ufi

Veritas Odium Parit

Offline aquarium234

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2018, 07:45 AM »
People still don't fish with vexilars, even though they have proven time and again to help. Some certainly will take advantage, but I doubt the average fisher will bother to get this, especially the large group fishermen that just go to the same spot and drink....and sometimes catch fish.... @)
Its all fun and games until someone loses a walleye.......

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2018, 07:51 AM »
People still don't fish with vexilars, even though they have proven time and again to help. Some certainly will take advantage, but I doubt the average fisher will bother to get this, especially the large group fishermen that just go to the same spot and drink....and sometimes catch fish.... @)

He doesn't say if they fished with Vexlars or not. He does make a point that the forward view of the Livescope was able to identify an area that had MANY more fish present, even though it was only 20 feet away. A Vexlar would never do this.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2018, 10:39 AM »
Panoptix LIVESCOPE rocks!  Here is a great Walleye video from Red Lake that shows the fish coming in across the bottom.

Veritas Odium Parit

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #9 on: Dec 13, 2018, 10:51 AM »
Yup. Found a youtube video on the setup of a livescope system.  Not ice, but still applicable.  Just getting my head wrapped around all this new technology.  Being able to "see" a "distance" from your hole, under the ice is very compelling.

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #10 on: Dec 13, 2018, 02:34 PM »
Panoptix is going to be banned at alot of ice tournaments as well.

Too much of an advantage.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #11 on: Dec 13, 2018, 03:05 PM »
Panoptix is going to be banned at alot of ice tournaments as well.

Too much of an advantage.

LOL.  Fear of the unknown!  ::) :roflmao:  No one is excluded.

They will be banning fisher persons - not PanOptics.  I don't have it and likely won't.  The prescence of someone using PanOptics or lack thereof won't change my mind about attending a tourney.  It's not going to catch the fish for you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.