Author Topic: MID RANGE camera  (Read 1125 times)

Offline Hardwater Problem

• Team IceShanty Addict
MID RANGE camera
« on: Nov 26, 2018, 12:03 AM »
I am about to be on the market for a fish camera.  I am looking to hear from some folks that use one regularly.  I am considering the aqua vu 715c.  This unit has a 7" screen and is color.  It comes with 50 ft. of cord in a carry case and meets my price point of 300.00.  I have ruled out a few other models for having too small a screen.  Please tell me what you use and why.  Are these more of a gimmick or are they useful?  I know it will potentially keep my kids entertained, and I hear they are often utilized for scouting holes.  Thanks!!!
IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, GO GET IN FRONT OF THEM!!!     

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: MID RANGE camera
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2018, 08:37 AM »
I myself was thinking about getting one and decided not to. I seen on this forum a post on best and worst things bought for ice fishing and camera came up as the worst quite frequently.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2018, 09:42 AM »
I use my camera for scouting for structure or weeds. I also use it when searching for Perch. I drill a hole and drop the camera until I find several Perch in the area. I like to know what species I am looking at. When I find an area I want to try, I will use my sonar unit. A lot of the time I will have a camera near the lake bottom and when I see something appear on my sonar I will turn the camera on to see what species it is. A camera can help a lot during a tough bite to see how fish react to a particular bait. I have fished with a friend who would watch his camera so intently that I would have to tell him when his dead stick had a hit. I  use mine as a tool and not for entertainment. I have watched Perch peck at a friends minnow on his dead stick without moving the bobber while I had switched to wax worms and was catching them. So, I would say a camera can be used as a tool or entertainment depending on the user. I have a 6" Marcum and an AquaVu micro which fits in my coat pocket.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2018, 09:37 PM »
Use one before you buy one, seems most people think they work much better than they really do so they buy one and get disappointed. I've had a lot of fun with mine but they do have their limitations

Offline Hardwater Problem

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2018, 10:59 PM »
Which camera are you running...  I am fishing in Nebraska and Minnesota where the waters are not super clear.  I am realistic in expectation, I was just hoping to find out what guys fishing near where I fish were running.  ...and give me something to ask for from Santa!!!
IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, GO GET IN FRONT OF THEM!!!     

Offline huntneiowa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2018, 07:04 PM »
I have a marcum recon and use it all the time! Also looking for something bigger.  Kinda undecided between the aqua vu 715 and the marcum485

Offline VenomInjected

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2018, 01:10 PM »
I have a marcum recon and use it all the time! Also looking for something bigger.  Kinda undecided between the aqua vu 715 and the marcum485

Buying used or finding last years model still?   The Marcum Mission is the VS485c replacement now I believe?  After my AV HD10i... I shy away from AV

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.