Author Topic: Omaha area lakes ICE?  (Read 1648 times)

Offline klaver

• IceShanty Rookie
Omaha area lakes ICE?
« on: Dec 30, 2016, 09:28 AM »
Has anyone been out on the ice lately in and around Omaha? All this warm weather has me scared to try lately... I haven't been out since before Christmas. I was also thinking bout trying Wannahoo but don't wanna waste time if it's open around the trees... anyone had luck at Zorinsky or Cunningham?

Offline LarryClutch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go Big or Go Home
Re: Omaha area lakes ICE?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2016, 11:06 AM »
I was southwest of Omaha Thursday morning on a 5 acre pond and it had 6" of ice. 

Offline Flippin and Dippin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2017, 09:13 AM »
Fished Cunningham yesterday from 9am till 2 pm. Caught some small crappie. Guys out there said 5 to 7 was better. About 6 to 7 inches of good ice.

Offline nate95366

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2017, 07:30 AM »
Walnut Creek (Papillion) had 6 inches of good ice on Saturday Feb 4, but only in certain areas, NOT by the boat ramp.

Those same areas were 8 inches on Sunday, January 29, and had been about 12 inches before January 22.

You can see the trend...(even if backwards)

Walnut Creek is where I fish 9.5 times out of 10 because it's really convenient for me, but I am resigned to going elsewhere (north) from here on out unless we get a lengthy, brutal cold snap that reverses things.

Nate

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2017, 01:25 PM »
Forecast for the rest of the week don't look very good for the ice around here. I think I am just going to look forward to open water.
Keep it safe! JDL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.