Author Topic: weather in omaha  (Read 684 times)

Offline ejhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
weather in omaha
« on: Dec 09, 2009, 07:13 PM »
herd they canceled school again in omaha. must have been quite a snow storm. i'm stuck in frigged denver. any news on the ice i'll be back this weekend and i'm getting the urge pretty bad.  if it has been as cold in omaha as it has been in denver i would assume the ice has got to be pretty close. is anyone planning on going out this weekend

Offline waterloofisher

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: weather in omaha
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2009, 07:54 PM »
Anybody brave this weather and get out to an Omaha lake to check the ice?  Hoping to drill some holes this weekend.  Ice should be building like mad right now!  This snow and cold has really got the itch going...

Offline Chuck_Tritz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2009, 09:25 PM »
I'll be out this weekend, hopefully at the W, if not the cove at the Bear east of the ramp should be good.  Supposed to get really cold tonight, should have plenty of ice by sat. even with the snow...

Offline Kodiakman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start everyday as if it has a purpose.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2009, 12:19 AM »
As I write this I see peoples weather stations around Omaha are showing -3 to -9 on Wunderground.  Nice temps even with all the snow and wind.

Offline A.France

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2009, 08:19 AM »
I have been checking a handfull of lakes around omaha about daily now. They are now covered in ice completly although most of the ice is only about .5"-1". Hopefully by this weekend the ice will be fishable. Should be building about an inch a day now.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.