Author Topic: First ice around Omaha/Lincoin  (Read 964 times)

Offline A.France

• IceShanty Rookie
First ice around Omaha/Lincoin
« on: Dec 05, 2009, 08:00 PM »
I found some ice today at Memphis Lake and a few other lakes in the area. I was just wondering if anyone else has been seeing fishable ice around the Omaha/Lincoin area. Enjoy the weather almost winter!!!

Offline adammd

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: First ice around Omaha/Lincoin
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2009, 08:09 AM »
Tip-toed out on some 1 1/4 ice at an omaha pond Sat morning, and saw a boat on another lake.  Most of the north side coves I saw survived the Sat/Sun wind out of the south, and should be fishable now or in a day.  Didn't punch holes sunday, just looked, so........

FINALLY!!!!!!

Offline Kodiakman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start everyday as if it has a purpose.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2009, 07:02 PM »
Checked out the W this morning.  Found the main lake appeared to be about 2/3 covered with a 1/2" - 1" layer of Skim Ice.  Mostly open on the north end.

The back area beyond the footbridge was completed frozen over with snow covered Ice.  I cleared a little ice and tried to step on but it started spider webbing with the first step.  There was probably a scant 2" if that and I'm a big guy so I wasn't going to chance it:

Offline ejhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2009, 02:46 PM »
stuck in denver right now but should be back to omaha this weekend if i get lucky.  what are the odds of the ice being fishable by next week. i'd like to catch something soon. 

Offline Stutz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2009, 03:40 PM »
Alot of snow but below zero temps at night will help. I'm going to try it next weekend i think will be good to go i cant take it any longer going crazy. Have fun coming back from Denver in this wether.

Offline ejhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2009, 03:52 PM »
flying back hopefully no bad weather.  been here for almost two weeks need to come home. lakes are frozen here don't know how thick the ice is though.  been sitting here trying to remember where all my gear is. getting pretty excited as i have days off next week and it would be nice to use my license a couple more times before i have to get another one. 

Offline Stutz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2009, 04:17 PM »
I think tomorrow I'm going to check out some area lakes around Lincoln just to see how much ice we have.  Ill let you know what i find if i get out there. I put new line on all the poles looked at all my jigs 20 times and all the lake map's of were I'm going to fish and got a new fl-20 fully charged and ready to fish.  Cant do anything more until we get the ice.  Come on 4'' i just might try fishing 3'' of ice with a lifejacket on.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.