Author Topic: New Gear  (Read 1115 times)

Offline formerSDguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Addict!
New Gear
« on: Nov 26, 2009, 10:15 AM »
I am not at all associated with Strikemaster augers to start. I bought a Strike lite this week, wow what a nice piece of hardware. I have been a long time strikemaster auger owner and recently sold my 10 yr old lazermag (still had metal handles), it ran great I am just refreshing gear. So, I brought this new auger home, put premium gas in, pushed the primer a few times and pow. Quiet smooth and lite.

A little spendy but I am guessing I drilled a few thousand holes with the old auger and still got a couple hundred bucks out of it used so if this one holds up the same I'm good....

Now, time to replace the 10 yr old Vexilar with something...

Teach a kid to fish and hunt and they will be resourceful, smart and confident. Today's world is much different than the one I knew as a child. They need these skills even more than I did.

Offline Big Johnson

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New Gear
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2009, 10:24 AM »
This would be a nice upgrade; I can't wait to try mine out: http://vexilar.com/pages/products/products_fl-20_adb.html

Regards,

Rob

Offline formerSDguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Addict!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2009, 01:14 PM »
Very nice, that would be a fine addition. Cant decide if I'm going get a new flasher or portable. Next thing I better buy is a lock for the 3rd garage so the wife doesn't see the new stuff. (And maybe a heater so I can sleep out there when she kicks me out)
Teach a kid to fish and hunt and they will be resourceful, smart and confident. Today's world is much different than the one I knew as a child. They need these skills even more than I did.

Offline Big Johnson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2009, 08:27 PM »
My vexilar came from Reeds. They are VERY competitive to say the least, if you give them a call and catch the owner he might be in a mood to make a deal!!! He talks very fast so be ready to move if you call ;>) http://www.reedssports.com/Category/main.taf?cat=2685&pc=2210

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2009, 09:13 PM »
As far as your Strikelite...awesome auger.  Got one right after they were released.  No troubles...at all.  Super sharp, super light...this drill actually pulls itself through the ice.  I drilled 5 holes using only might right hand...literally.  This thing starts with the pull of a 6 year old girl.  About as loud as a sewing machine (literally).  Worth the $ man.  And it's wieght?? Come on...it's almost freakish.  As far as people out ther that say "it's got plastic on it".  NO...it has composite.  And the composite is state of the art...I give nothing 5 stars...except this auger.
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline formerSDguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Addict!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2009, 01:25 PM »
Well, no more gear updates. I bought the ice fishing crown jewel... Yamaha Grizzly (550 not 700, didnt see the need) in camo. This means I dont get anymore toys for a while. Happy b-day, xmas, Columbus day and all the rest to me!

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2009, 11:33 PM »
Sweet rig...my boss runs a Griz.  550 - no need?  LOL....I went over to Norfolk with $4K looking for a nice used unit.  IN 45 minutes, I was signing papers on a Polaris x2 800.   Did NOT get it for $4k...I love it though...
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline DustyRhyno

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Giddy up!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2009, 07:33 AM »
I've got a brand new Frabill Commando flip over shelter headed my way this weekend. Free Shipping!(sort of)

Offline jigbounce

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got any biscuits for sale in there?
« Reply #8 on: Dec 04, 2009, 04:25 PM »
I gotta say thumbs up  :thumbsup: for the strike lite also, had mine for 2 seasons and it is a dream to use.  Already have a fishtrap pro and a lowrance x67c (which i also just cant say enuff good stuff about :bow:) so this season im going to try my new underwater camera!
Come on ice!!!!!!

Offline formerSDguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Addict!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 04, 2009, 05:19 PM »
Got a cam last year, they are nice but no replacement for a vex or equivalent. I found the lakes around Lincoln a little dirty to get the full benefit on a UWC. Pond behind the house was locked up this morning and made it through the day without much loss. Sounds like we have a warming spell this weekend which doesn't help.

Also, I plan to tough it out this season and do a lot of moving so I don't have plans to by a portable (well I do but don't tell the wife)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.