Author Topic: summit report  (Read 1825 times)

Offline Kooper2506

• IceShanty Rookie
summit report
« on: Feb 08, 2009, 10:02 PM »
went to summit this morning.  the bluegill had definately slowed down, at least for me they have.  the ice was plenty thick but starting to honeycomb quite a bit.  i sure hope to get another weekent of ice fishing done around here but it is hard telling with the upcoming forecast.  i caught one nice crappie in the deep water in front of the dam and lost two other nice fish because of a dull hook "i think".  take advantage of the ice while we have it because i think its time to get the boats out.  Stay Safe

Offline double T

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: summit report
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2009, 11:57 AM »
do you know the condition of the ice at summit would like to take the kids out one last time but need safe ice

Offline Kooper2506

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2009, 08:28 PM »
no but i would like to know the condition also.  the last time i was up there it was fine but that was a week ago. 

Offline double T

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2009, 04:25 PM »
no but i would like to know the condition also.  the last time i was up there it was fine but that was a week ago. 
Checked the ice today and most ice was in that 10-12 inch range.  For the most part all of it looked good.

Offline adammd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2009, 12:32 PM »
Anyone been there, probably heading up Sunday, but would like a report just to make sure.  I have already made one trip this year (first ice) where I arrived to find no fishable ice. 

Offline double T

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2009, 05:25 PM »
[I'm going tommorrow,  went on a farm pond around pilger and they had good ice so i'm sure summit is in good shape.  i will make a comment tommorrow when i get back

Offline double T

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 20, 2009, 09:31 PM »
Went to summit ice is 10-11 inches the bite was good until about noon and you could see that front moving in and slowed everything down

Offline Kooper2506

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2009, 09:44 PM »
as of sunday at noon the ice was still ok, but goin fast. some open spots around the edges had just a thin sheet of ice but other then that it was pretty good.  we did ok fishing also. started out in the deep lookin for the hump with no luck had one good bite but no fish landed.  lots of fish following the bait but no takers.  moved to the shallow on the south end and had good luck with bluegill and crappie, but still lots of fish following but not takin.  i think that might have been the last time for around here. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.