Author Topic: This saturday....  (Read 2884 times)

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
This saturday....
« on: Jan 29, 2009, 07:10 AM »
Anyone heading out?  I'm going to hit Willow....anyone want to meet there sat. AM??
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline DustyRhyno

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Giddy up!
Re: This saturday....
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2009, 08:20 AM »
Probably gonna head to Goose with 3 newbies. Wish me luck.

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2009, 08:56 AM »
Goose...good luck man.  I've hit home runs and struck out there many times.  I did find some nice gill beds there last time...wish I would have found them sooner.  We had to fish some odd places to get out of the wind, and it actually kind of paid off.
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2009, 06:00 PM »
Which Willow are you going to?

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2009, 07:58 PM »
Willow creek in Pierce.....you up for it?

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2009, 07:34 AM »
No, we were thinking of going to Willow lake south of Johnstown.  That or Long lake just north of there.

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2009, 07:13 AM »
Group wise we did ok...6 walleyes smallest was 16.5" - large on the 19" or close.  HUGE crappies...a half dozen...smallest was 13".  ONe token wiper I caught...small for wipers there at 2 pounds....

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2009, 01:35 PM »
We did ok too.  5 pike 3 bass 11 perch.  Didnt get out till mid afternoon.    Stopped by Merrit on the way home and caught nothing        AGAIN.  Oh well at least we caught some fish

Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Offline Tracya

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 2009, 02:43 PM »
Bojihawk what time of the day were the eyes and crappie bitng?  Thinking of going there Friday.

Offline Kooper2506

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 08, 2009, 09:53 PM »
awesome info.  i hope the ice sticks around for a little while longer i have heard great things about willow.  i would love to make it there before ice out for some walleye and perch. 

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 10, 2009, 07:26 AM »
awesome info.  i hope the ice sticks around for a little while longer i have heard great things about willow.  i would love to make it there before ice out for some walleye and perch. 

No perch there boss...."none that I've ever seen" I should say.   Never say never in ice fishing...LOL.

You need any advice or directions just PM me man...I can give you some.  I'm not saying that it's good advice or good directions...but I'll do my best.  Some of my recent steerings of people have turned out very well...so well in fact, they have been out fishing me when I'm somewhere else.

Offline Kooper2506

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 13, 2009, 06:20 PM »
nebraska stocking reports say they have let quite a few perch into willow in the past 5 years and and i have heard it from a couple people, but i have also never fished the lake.  i am mostly after the walleye i have heard great things about it.  if the ice makes it through this weekend maybe i can make it up there next weekend.  i will definately take the advice if i go that would be a great help on a new lake. 

Offline NyteOwl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 13, 2009, 08:53 PM »
Where are you finding these stocking reports?  The only lake I can find in NE Nebraska that is stocked with Perch is Goose Lake. 

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 13, 2009, 09:03 PM »
You are thinking of Willow Lake in Brown Co.   No perch in Willow Creek.  Although NOT catching something there doesn't mean they aren't there...it has muskies in it also.  To this day, my reports of ony being caught are second hand at best.  I have never seen one caught nor heard of one first hand.  But...there are no perch in Willow that I have seen or heard of...not to say it would be impossible...

Offline buckhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 13, 2009, 10:48 PM »
I have caught one small perch in Willow Creek fishing for walleyes.

Offline Kooper2506

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 14, 2009, 03:43 PM »
i stand corrected it was willow LAKE not willow creek.  sorry about the misunderstanding.

Offline fowlfoolr1979

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 14, 2009, 04:24 PM »
Hey boji or anyone else from up that way.... Was thinking of hitting a private pond near Wayne tomorow how much snow did you guys get from the storm and what are ice conditions looking like up that way?  Down here in Lincoln all of our lakes opened up by last Wednesday from the rain and wind.

Layne

Offline double T

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 15, 2009, 11:55 AM »
Was wondering if anyone has commented on the condition of ice on summit or willow lake.

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 16, 2009, 08:29 AM »
I have caught one small perch in Willow Creek fishing for walleyes.

Wow...I do stand corrected.  That would blow my mind if I pulled one up.  Just considering how much I have fished in situations there that SHOULD produce perch, I think I would be excited for any perch I caught.  I have often wondered why there aren't perch there...The young would have some serious threats with all the wipers, cats, eyes, and large crappies....but that isn't any different than many other lakes that have the same species.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.