Author Topic: Any of you CT guys been on the Ice since Tuesday of this week?  (Read 1463 times)

Offline DUCKDIGGLER

• Team IceShanty Regular
Just wondering if you guys have been out since the warm-up. I fish Tyler Monday and Tuesday of this week....perfect weather to fish in but horrible for ice conditions. Between Monday and Tuesday the lake lost 2 inches of ice....from about 8" to 6" so I decided that i would not got back on the until we got some more cold weather.

Anyway.....any of you guys been out ? Where or if you are not comfortable with where....how bout what part of the state and how big a body of water and ice thickness and condition.

Help a brother out! I am going crazy and its only been a couple of days without ice fishing! LOL

Thanks in advance guys! DD ;D
"Feet Down and Bellys Up!!

Offline fishville

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Any of you CT guys been on the Ice since Tuesday of this week?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2008, 08:03 AM »
I can't give you any first hand reports but I heard from a friend that they are fishing the pond behind the ski area. I know in the past Roraback has held its ice very well.
Sometimes it feels like I live in a Pat McManus story!

Offline ctfishermanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LET THERE BE ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2008, 08:31 AM »
how much ice is left at tyler todd anyone  fishing up there im going nuts to what to do no hunting and no fishing what a boring life!

Offline Jigging Nomad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jigging Nomad
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2008, 08:37 AM »
I'm considering a trip north to MA or VT.  All my ice east of the river is unsafe or gone.   
Looking for JUMBO Perch, Crappie, and Bluegill

Offline DUCKDIGGLER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2008, 10:53 AM »
I would not trust it bud....no way. We got a bunch of rain this am and they are calling for more this afternoon......I love to fish....but I love to breath....jut a bit more! LOL

HB.....that sounds like a plan...may have to hit NW Mass.

Anyone have any reports..??

Thanks! DD ;D
"Feet Down and Bellys Up!!

Offline rocklobster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2008, 12:15 PM »
We have had thunder and lightning all day in Stafford!!!  Not good for ice fishing in the middle of January :o  I've got the jones bad now.  Got a new shanty for xmas and havn't had a chance to use it yet.  Last time out was Saturday. Can't go more than a week without my fix!!  This weather is killing me.  I have turned into an ice junky ::)  Heading North may be the only cure. :'(
here pikey pikey...BIG DEAD BAIT...

Offline elcapitanmas

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • explaining ice fishing is impossible
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2008, 04:27 PM »
Ill be out all day sunday and monday, theres safe ice out there, just may not be the best fishing holes.  I just need to get some lines in the water though so i dont care if im jiggin sunnies all weekend.  We got spoiled with early ice this year.  Last year we werent on the ice for good until jan 20.

stay safe yall.

E

Offline FoxyCleo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2008, 06:27 PM »
Went out on Winchester 9" of ice on Sat 1/5 everythings gotta be a big mess with 3-4" of water on it, I'll wait and hopefully go on Sat 1/19 :'(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.