Author Topic: Winchester  (Read 2982 times)

Offline FoxyCleo

• Team IceShanty Regular
Winchester
« on: Jan 07, 2008, 06:43 PM »
went out Saturday 1/5 9" of ice with 3or4" of powdery snow on top, nice day for the first time out this year 2 pickeral and one 5" pumpkinseed looking forward for more cold weather.

Offline ctfishermanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LET THERE BE ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Winchester
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2008, 07:02 PM »
weathers not looking good for central ct sux!!!

Offline FoxyCleo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2008, 07:04 PM »
weathers not looking good for central ct sux!!!
nope but something may hold up :-\

Offline Danderson

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2008, 12:14 PM »
at least you got out, i'm not liking this weather either  :'(

Offline Buster Beagle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2008, 06:28 PM »
went out Saturday 1/5 9" of ice with 3or4" of powdery snow on top, nice day for the first time out this year 2 pickeral and one 5" pumpkinseed looking forward for more cold weather.
[/
New to this board so bear with me.  We also went to Winchester on Sat four of us in the group had a great time had about 20 flags and must of landed 12 fish mostly small stuff but a couple of good size bass.  One problem I had was when I got somthing ripping some good line out it would snag somthing and the line would break. 

Offline ctfishermanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2008, 06:38 PM »
well welcome to the club ya you where probabley next to a tree thats usally the best place to fish but you always lose fish but when you do land opne there usally good size

Offline FoxyCleo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2008, 06:48 PM »
[/
New to this board so bear with me.  We also went to Winchester on Sat four of us in the group had a great time had about 20 flags and must of landed 12 fish mostly small stuff but a couple of good size bass.  One problem I had was when I got somthing ripping some good line out it would snag somthing and the line would break. 

Buster Beagle sounds like you had a better day than I did, but I still had fun out there waiting for a monster, what lb leader are you using I normally use 10lb, but also carry 15lb big game mono

Offline rocklobster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2008, 12:16 PM »
Winchester also has toothy critters ::)
here pikey pikey...BIG DEAD BAIT...

Offline Buster Beagle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2008, 05:59 PM »
I  was using 10lb leader broke the leader once and had a hook break once, The week before I was using 4lb I was not ready for Winchester at all.   I am now thinking of going to15lb leader, that or get to the flag sooner and set the hook when they are running.

Offline FoxyCleo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2008, 06:18 PM »
I  was using 10lb leader broke the leader once and had a hook break once, The week before I was using 4lb I was not ready for Winchester at all.   I am now thinking of going to15lb leader, that or get to the flag sooner and set the hook when they are running.
I like the 10lb Vanish at the least have 15lb mono may even go to 20-25lb for pike

Offline ctfishermanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2008, 08:08 AM »
I use 15 pound floralcarbon for everything right up topike anything bigger I just don't trust

Offline Buster Beagle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2008, 05:06 PM »

Just a picture of the lake taken 2 weeks ago I amtrying to post pictures and after two days I think I have it

Offline Buster Beagle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2008, 05:23 PM »

A tight line at Winchester. anyone go today 1/19/08 how much ice and how did you do

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.