Author Topic: Mashapaug  (Read 1815 times)

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Mashapaug
« on: Jan 22, 2024, 03:06 PM »
I’m finally gonna do my semi annual skunking at Mashapaug tomorrow nite, hope to see some of you out there.🤣

Offline Global Warming in CT

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Mashapaug
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2024, 08:49 PM »
I heard through the grapevine that someone got a biggun at Mashapaug on Sat night. Maybe it's your turn next bugchazer. Good luck!

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2024, 03:40 AM »
Nice to see, wasn't sure Id be able to get out at all this year, but some ice and my old body finally worked together. :tipup:

Offline imsafanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2024, 07:06 AM »
I heard the big one was caught on Friday night, no?

-Eric

Offline sploke

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2024, 09:01 AM »
I was there on Saturday from first light until about 2pm.  Not a flag to be seen in my spread, and no action on the jig either.  I marked a handful of fish that came up, gave a sniff and went back down, but no takers.  Groups on both sides of me were getting some slow action on walleye and bass.
-Matt

Offline hardfloor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2024, 09:37 AM »
We got a few trophy Eyes Thursday night then a 3man skunk Saturday

Offline sploke

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2024, 10:32 AM »
We got a few trophy Eyes Thursday night then a 3man skunk Saturday

Hah, glad I wasn't the only one having a slow day.
-Matt

Offline mookie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2024, 11:09 AM »
Friday night there was a 29" walleye 9+ lber caught and released. I went out for a few hours Saturday night and Sunday afternoon until about 9 with nothing to show for it. Sunday night a guy coming off the ice said he got an 8lb walleye

Offline IceDog88

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2024, 06:37 PM »
Gotta keep searching for them, it’s just starting and that’s a good start to the season for those guys. Going to get a trip out soon. Good luck

Offline mookie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 03, 2024, 08:30 PM »
Went out there tonight from 4:30-7:30 but didn't get anything. We stayed close to the launch and had 6-7" of ice. Parking lot was full. Got checked by 2 game wardens and they were nice. She said that they handed out 6 tickets earlier in the day. Remember to buy this years license before you head out and put your name on your tip ups.

Offline V Menzone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2024, 05:58 PM »
Those ct wardens are sneaky. I will never put my name on my stuff just out of spite and they have tried to bag me before im even fishing.

Offline Comeonnow-

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 04, 2024, 07:14 PM »
Those ct wardens are sneaky. I will never put my name on my stuff just out of spite and they have tried to bag me before im even fishing.
A few years ago while fishing Stump Pond in Thompson I was issued a written warning for not having my name and address on my tilts. The warden told us he had been watching us for a half hour before I noticed him hiding behind a tree when I went over to the shoreline to take a leak. I went back the next day with return address labels stuck to my tilts. Never saw him again.

Offline PerchMan45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 04, 2024, 07:23 PM »
Completely ridiculous rule.

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fishon and often. Leave no trace.
« Reply #13 on: Feb 06, 2024, 08:44 AM »
Been given a ticket for letting a companion that was jigging use my tip ups.  Even though he said that he was using them, my name was on them.  Said we had to cover my information and use his name and address.  On Candlewood. 
Officer lied and pressured the jigger to say he was only jigging bu threatening hin with $1,500 in fines.  The jigger is now blackballed and i make sure everything has my name and address. 
If you can't play nice, get off the ice!

Offline pepperdawg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 06, 2024, 09:27 AM »
Been given a ticket for letting a companion that was jigging use my tip ups.  Even though he said that he was using them, my name was on them.  Said we had to cover my information and use his name and address.  On Candlewood. 
Officer lied and pressured the jigger to say he was only jigging bu threatening hin with $1,500 in fines.  The jigger is now blackballed and i make sure everything has my name and address.

Crime of the century LOL.

While I support LEO - especially GW' who short-handed have to cover so much ground, but this kind of ridiculous...

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 06, 2024, 09:43 AM »

The name thing is pretty ridiculous when guys are standing there tending them. Shame on the game warden for ticketing it, absent some other violation requiring a perp to be identified. Like too many tipups, illegal bait, unattended tipups etc.

Because I try to follow the rules, I've been putting trap tags on my tipups for many years. Larry Finch 2-hole copper tags pop riveted or screwed to the base. Like fishon, I routinely loan tipups to guests, who I have put a mailing label on the flag. I have never covered my own information. None of the wardens have ever even looked. Hope this isn't some new push to enforce nonsense rules.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 06, 2024, 09:45 AM »
I'm also curious which other states require name/address on tipups? Not in Maine, I don't think NY.

Offline pepperdawg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 06, 2024, 10:28 AM »
Vermont always has required this.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.