Author Topic: where can i fish  (Read 1798 times)

Offline geoff

• IceShanty Rookie
where can i fish
« on: Jan 17, 2010, 05:56 PM »
how can i find out where public ice fishing is permitted?  I have searched half the day and there isn't much info for Kendall county except for silver springs...which i might add sucks.  Any info would be great ...luck to all

Offline Kingfish6221

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: where can i fish
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2010, 09:14 PM »
Hey Geoff, I'm in Aurora and been hard water fishing for years. You're right about Silver Springs and as far as Kendall County, all the waters I fished are private. Permission used to be easy to get but since the sub division explosion owners are not allowing access because as soon as someone sees you there they assume it is public and start showing up and trashing the place. I fish a couple of backwaters on the river and alot at Shabbona Lake. I have a friend with a place in Wisconsin and have hit that a couple times but mid winter has set in up there and fishing is real tough right now. Heading up there later this week for a couple days. I've been off work since the 1st but have to go back on the 25th so it'll be afternoon and weekends from there on out. I saw on another post you have a couple ponds in Yorkville? Shot me a pm if you want to hook up Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm going to fish either the Chain or Shabbona tomorrow, just waiting on a call from a buddy to see if he's going or not.
Steve

Offline geoff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2010, 10:33 PM »
Actually they are in oswego ...I still need to make sure its allowed...One is onwed by the township of oswego in the industrial park, so i'll call them the other i may have to drive by ..i fish it in the summer so i guess if i see people out there it'll be okay...i'll let u know
geoff

Offline Kingfish6221

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:41 AM »
Let me know what you find. My experience with Oswegoland Park District is they post thier waters as either C&R only or the one I fish in the summer near me has "KEEP OFF ICE" signs all around it.

Offline geoff

• IceShanty Rookie
found the spot
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:19 PM »
Checked out both ponds today, one like you said has "No Ice Fishing" also said that the only place in oswego you can is Briarcliff ...never been there so i checked out the other and wasn't disappointed.  7 perch 4 or 5 were keepers and 5 bass all good size two were 3 to 4 lbs two others were at least 2 lbs it was the best day yet.  Goin back tomorrow for sure.

Offline jsbz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:23 PM »
Good to hear you found a spot to fish...........We will need to get together soon and see what we can catch.

Offline Specia1Ed

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Got Pike?!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2010, 01:38 AM »

Support our [/color]returning veterans and the families of our heros and Patriots.

Offline geoff

• IceShanty Rookie
mastodon lake
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2010, 09:46 AM »
Mastodon lake in phillips park...any good?  I heard a year or two ago that a man was nailed for over the the limit on crappie.  Supposedly he had a hundred or so on the ice..   It may be just a story but let me know if there's any good fishing there... thanks Geoff

Offline Bohldog05

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: mastodon lake
« Reply #8 on: Jan 30, 2010, 06:51 PM »
Mastodon lake in phillips park...any good?  I heard a year or two ago that a man was nailed for over the the limit on crappie.  Supposedly he had a hundred or so on the ice..   It may be just a story but let me know if there's any good fishing there... thanks Geoff
hey there is good fishing there time to time i was there last friday. didn't get to do much fishing tho b/c someone called the cops on me b/c they thought the ice i was on was "unsafe" even tho it was 12inches. i didn't get in trouble but i left tho. The best place to fish is near the pump house.

Offline geoff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2010, 10:03 AM »
Thanks for the tip.  I may head out some where today if you or anyone else is interested

Offline Bohldog05

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2010, 11:09 AM »
I would like to go fishing today but I am stuck at work ugh. I normally fish on fridays. I saw a couple of guys fishin baricliff pond whenb I left for work today. So I amkind curious where these people are pulling out perch in the oswego area... Any info...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.