Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Salmon

Salmon on Jigs??

(1/5) > >>

TroutKing:
I was wonder if anyone could give me any pointers on catching landlocked salmon on artificial lures through the ice. There's a couple of lakes here in Maine where you can fish for them with artificial lures only (no tipping with bait) but I don't have a clue where to fish for em, what to fish with, or how to jig for em. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

TroutKing

ice fishNH:
Buddy of mine caught (and released) a nice salmon a couple weeks ago on Winni (in NH) on a swedish pimple (tipped with worm), jigging about a foot off of bottom in about 20-22 fow.   Probably not much different without the worm.

Pasquatch:
Most landlocks are more like 5 feet under the ice here in Lake George, New York. We fish with tipups mostly, so I can only guess what to jig with. My guess would be a Swedish Pimples.

kingfshr16:
 I've seen a few guys actually catch salmon in deep water on bottom while fishing for perch?? Weirdest thing iv'e ever seen and i wouldnt of believed it if i didnt see it my self.

Pasquatch:

--- Quote from: kingfshr16 on Mar 03, 2005, 04:50 PM --- I've seen a few guys actually catch salmon in deep water on bottom while fishing for perch?? Weirdest thing iv'e ever seen and i wouldnt of believed it if i didnt see it my self.

--- End quote ---
That's weird. Kingfisher, you do agree that salmon are topwater level fish?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version