The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: humminbird 597cihd  (Read 892 times)

Offline acole81

• IceShanty Rookie
humminbird 597cihd
« on: Jan 01, 2015, 05:22 PM »
I transformed my summer electronics into a portable winter ice flasher. but I'm having a issue with the depth reading telling me I am in like 200 feet when I know that I am in 17 feet, everything else works fine but that. I have already downloaded the newest software from hummingbird but still have the issue.....does anyone have any fixes

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: humminbird 597cihd
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2015, 05:53 PM »
How far are you dropping puck into the water ? Did it work ok on boat?
You sure on your puck?
Tom

Offline acole81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2015, 07:48 PM »
I've tried having the transducer head just under the surface and under the ice but it reads the same and I have had no problem with the unit in the past when I used it summer fishing. I called hummingbird for the parts I needed and assembled them to what they said a PTCU  portable pack and a X-9-20 transducer and even updated my software. I can live with it if there isn't a fix because it reads well when it comes to the flasher you just need to know the depth to set it in the unit

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2015, 08:33 PM »
Did you go into setup and select the new transducer?  If that ice ducer doesn't have a temp sensor or some other features of the skimmer it may be causing some sort of fault.
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2015, 08:29 AM »
Good Luck, hope you get it figured out. I know my Hummingbirds are useless under 4 or 5 ft-the depth goes crazy.
Tom

Offline Esoxace

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2015, 02:54 PM »
I hope to be getting my conversion kit for my 597 ci hd di tomorrow. (come on USPS, be on time!)  Have you been pretty happy with the flasher unit in comparison to a traditional marcum/vexilar?  Will report with my opinions. I am hoping to get rid of the marcum and go to this unit only.  I've used the gps only out of my truck for a couple years and am hoping to only need one unit from now on.
“The solution to any problem — work, love, money, whatever — is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be.” –John Gierach

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2015, 10:51 PM »
Which beam are you using? Is the battery fully charged? Manually adjust the depth range. Does it show bottom in the correct scale even though it says you're in 200'? Do you see a double bottom?

Catchin' Fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.