The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Almost cried!!!  (Read 1475 times)

Offline Ack

• IceShanty Rookie
Almost cried!!!
« on: Dec 13, 2011, 07:34 PM »
I had to do some work at a house on one of the lakes that I fish and the ice was horrible looking. I just stood there looking at it until one of the other guys there asked if I was alright. When is it going to get cold. I bought some new equipment this year and should be out there using it already.

Offline chequamegon slammer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Almost cried!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2011, 07:59 PM »
 ???I know what you mean. Went to a place thats a good numbers lake for pike, and perch. Went through 3 dozen sucker minnows and had alot of fun. Caught 4 perch, smallest 10 inches the biggest was 14 and a half, just about 2 pounds. By the time we left the ice was soft and slushy, Don't think I'll be out until we get some cold weather. Thought about taking boat out . good luck when you do get out, and pray for cold and calm winds.

Offline Ack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2011, 08:06 PM »
Thank you and good luck to you also. As far as praying, I have been since before Thanksgiving.Lol

Offline gillgetter11

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2011, 08:16 PM »
X2 on the praying for a long time but.....
i'm happy there is still somewhat decent ice in central wi ;D

Offline jmatile

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2011, 08:15 AM »
Yep.... This blows I took next week off for my last week of vacation for the year a few months ago thinking I would be out ice fishing the whole week. Well.... with 40 degree temps and all this damn rain it doesn't look like that is going to happen unless I drive three hours north. I really don't want to have to do that. I was pounding the perch and gills here the last week and last weekend, but Sunday when I came off the ice I knew it was going to be a while before I got back out.....

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2011, 08:23 AM »
I think some how we all pissed off mother nature because she wont stop messing with us so lets all say nice things about her and maybe she will give us some good ice.LOL

Offline walleyehntr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2011, 11:04 AM »
Say nice things about mother nature.....all I can think of is pull the broom handle out of your arse you old HAG!  >:(   :%$#!:   :nono:   :wacko:

Offline MEMAGGIENCOMET

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2011, 12:43 AM »
Maybe this will be the year that the fish just jump out of the hole and we all have a great season. It will be a month shorter though

Offline Ack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2011, 07:27 AM »
Let's hope so.

Offline oldfisher68

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2011, 06:52 AM »
I'm glad all the rain we got, wasn't snow. Snow on top of skim ice makes ice forming real slow and dangerous. It did not get above 32 yesterday and is in the teens now. It is making good ice now. I like good ice, with a couple inches of snow on top for easy walking. Maybe I will get it this year.

Offline addicted to ice fishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Feeding my addiction one lake at a time
« Reply #10 on: Dec 17, 2011, 10:30 AM »
We know we are getting a late winter,  now let's all hope for a late spring,  or it will be a really short season for ice fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.