Author Topic: Ridgid LSA  (Read 881 times)

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
Ridgid LSA
« on: Feb 26, 2020, 06:25 PM »
I just tried to upload my info for my 9 amp ridgid octane battery .... It's only good for a 3 year warranty .... Does anyone have a LSA for their ridgid batteries ?
Budweiser pro staff

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Ridgid LSA
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2020, 06:28 PM »
Did it come as a kit (with a charger) or just the battery? My understanding is only the "kits" have the LSA, bare tools and bare batteries have a 3 or 5 year I think.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2020, 06:32 PM »
mine wasn't a "kit" and it has lsa. bought it online from H D.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2020, 07:18 PM »
power tools qualify for lsa no matter how they are purchased. batteries are supposed to have 3 year if not bought in a kit, such as battery and charger. all 10 of my batteries came in a kit form and have lsa.

replacement batteries and tools have to be re-registered.

Offline mattholl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2020, 07:22 PM »
I did the same thing last week, you entered the wrong part number. Go to the website and start a chat. The lady I got was Ashley and she was awesome! She removed the three year registration from the battery and did the LSA on the battery and charger in about 2 minutes. I'm sure you can call them also. And yes separate tool have a LSA, its printed right on the box. Batteries however do not it seems.

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 26, 2020, 08:02 PM »
I did the same thing last week, you entered the wrong part number. Go to the website and start a chat. The lady I got was Ashley and she was awesome! She removed the three year registration from the battery and did the LSA on the battery and charger in about 2 minutes. I'm sure you can call them also. And yes separate tool have a LSA, its printed right on the box. Batteries however do not it seems.

Thanks for the helpful info .... I bought the 9 amp battery with a charger and a separate 2 pack of batteries a 6 amp and 3 amp ....
Budweiser pro staff

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 26, 2020, 08:03 PM »
Did it come as a kit (with a charger) or just the battery? My understanding is only the "kits" have the LSA, bare tools and bare batteries have a 3 or 5 year I think.

This makes sense .... My 9 amp came with a charger ....
Budweiser pro staff

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2020, 07:47 AM »

This was my understanding as well. I have 2 ridgid batteries under LSA. They were bough as a drill kit.

I've used the LSA once for a bad battery, couldn't of been happier with the service, call was about 5 minutes long and I hung up with a new battery being mailed out to me.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 27, 2020, 10:04 AM »
I'm all set now with my 9 amp lsa ... wrong serial number ... the 2 pack doesn't qualify ...
Budweiser pro staff

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.