Author Topic: Gripe this / Rant that  (Read 1624 times)

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
Gripe this / Rant that
« on: Mar 02, 2006, 08:51 PM »
Just wondering..why are people so grumpy this year?  I don't remember this in years past. Just wondering if it's bacause alot of us haven't had ice in a while or if people just get more cynical with age.  I'm not saying I'm not capable of this because those who know me well realize that I could fly off the handle in a moments notice...but still, what the deal is this year!

grumpymoe

Re: Gripe this / Rant that
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2006, 08:57 PM »
I take full responsibilty for all this nonsense.......I feel personally terrible for all my fellow anglers that have no ice/or fishable ice in this great outdoor sport we all enjoy....I've posted afew topics about gripes......and when it really comes down to the bottom line....hey.....its an up and down season....(ALWAYS)....so lets roll with what is thrown at us....and make  the best of what we get or have......regards to all.....Grump

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2006, 09:09 PM »
Most likely Lack of ice and higher energy costs which is forcing families to live closer to the bone that is making everyone so darn b***hy this year :)

BUt some of us have been fishing since December 10th so nothing really to gripe about here
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2006, 09:10 PM »
Even with the lack of ice( I have only been 3 times in over 4 weeks) I also noticed people are grumpier this year, dont know why other than the lack of ice? ???

Offline fishnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2006, 10:06 PM »
Iv'e also noticed people are grumpier this year.  I saw a show a while ago on the discovery channel that explained how on certain days of the year(I think it's 1 day every 3 months or something), that people are bit*hier because the sun explodes and releases some sort of chemical that eventually makes it's way to earth.  Every person around the globe gets effected by it. In the eraly 90's a psykic/skytracker predicted the crash on WallStreet, or some stock exchange.  Alot of people felt depressed and sold their stocks on that very day the sun "exploded".

I'm wondering if in this years strange happenings; if it's happening alot more than once every 3 months, like say, every 3 weeks, or even 3 days.
fishing - It's a religion, not a sport.

hali-man

« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2006, 05:29 AM »
So if you can't get on the ice....get out somewhere else....get some other kind of fresh air and exercises.......you'll feel better.

That's a good point, RG.
I used to live in western Oregon, where it literally rains for 5 months straight every winter.
People would be so gloomy and depressed which would lead to a lot of "self-medication".
I worked outside and even though it wasn't fun getting soaked everyday I still didn't feel the effects of it as much.

Offline JerryofWNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 03, 2006, 06:17 AM »
If your a griper here, you most likely gripe anywhere. That behavior is chosen. There's a whole psychology devoted to the fact (some would say theory) that you can't control anything/body but yourself. I certainly can't control the thickness of the ice on my favorite fishing holes, but when it doesn't materialize I can control my reactions to it. I might not like it, but I don't let that control me. Take a look at my signature. That Abe Lincoln was a smart man indeed. Choose to be happy.
By the way, if the inability to ice fish is that devastating to a person, he/she is probably a lucky individual in that they haven't experienced other terrible incidents in their lives that tend to put things in perspective.
"Earth................. ...................... ... it's a dangerous place to live."      
        Chainsaw

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 03, 2006, 06:26 AM »
G-Getting

R-Restless

I- Inactive

P- P.ssed

E- Eratic

GRIPE  ;D ;D
Good Friends, Good Family, Good Food, Good Fishin.

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 03, 2006, 06:31 AM »
I was thinking about starting a similar thread yesterday IceGeek!

Very well put RG, I couldn't agree more!  This season if I haven't been out on the ice I've been out running the dogs.  Do anything, just get out of the house for a while.

Maybe Scott could start a "Grumpy Old Ladies" thread for everyone who's got a gripe, rant, or b***h.
Follow the bubbles...

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #9 on: Mar 03, 2006, 06:47 AM »
I thought the grumpy old men shanty was for all the griping and Bi###ing. Maybe if you post enough posts in this shanty you could get your level changed from team iceshanty addict to team iceshanty grumpy old man (or lady if you are a fisherlady) ;)
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 03, 2006, 07:05 AM »
I've noticed this on other sites as well.A lot of the time it's the same people,must just be thier personality or something.Maybe they have a bad home life!!!! ;D

Offline fshnfool

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 03, 2006, 07:34 AM »
sometimes people gotta vent and what better place to let your frustrations out on here among fellow fisherman/friends than at home on the woman and kids....IMO. :-\   after all.....ranting and raving is major stress relief....as long as everyone on the receiving end realizes that and accepts it....even outside these forums, we all have friends that can count on us to listen to the things that bother them....

Offline Hookset

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't eat the yellow snow!
« Reply #12 on: Mar 03, 2006, 09:12 AM »
My #$%*&@# shanty sunk in Saratoga Lake and was destroyed upon removal.  I HAVE A REASON TO BE MISERABLE! 
We don't own nature, nature owns us.

Offline fish boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Mar 03, 2006, 02:05 PM »
My #$%*&@# shanty sunk in Saratoga Lake and was destroyed upon removal.  I HAVE A REASON TO BE MISERABLE! 
Whaa! happened to my duck blind three years in a row on Oneida!  Didn't even get to hunt it last year before the gods ate it!  just an opportunity to make it bigger and better so it will sink faster next year!  Positive vibes man, positive vibes. ;D

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #14 on: Mar 03, 2006, 04:00 PM »
I have a shirt that explains it all "SHUT UP AND FISH".  People should spend less time complaining and go fishing.

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Mar 03, 2006, 04:12 PM »
I have a shirt that explains it all "SHUT UP AND FISH".  People should spend less time complaining and go fishing.

WELL SAID!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.