New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1339130 times)

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #1320 on: Mar 04, 2013, 09:49 AM »
I plan on going to the gathering Saturday. Gonna try to give away a new hand auger while there. And as far as someone going through at Hearthstone i was one of them yesterday morning at the shoreline. One leg up to my knee then hopped out real quick but the right boot got a little warter in it. That sucked. Still fished all day with one 26 incher on tip up.

Nice :)
The wheelers are tearing up the beach at hearthstone .
To avoid getting wet just get on under the guard rail instead ;)

Offline Dom Maio

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1321 on: Mar 04, 2013, 01:31 PM »
Yeah they are!

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #1322 on: Mar 04, 2013, 01:35 PM »
count my buddy Scott and Me in on saturday!!!

Offline iceplank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1323 on: Mar 04, 2013, 01:47 PM »
I caught a couple big sunnies yesterday at Vets.
I consider them a bonus when I've got a limit of perch in the bucket. That's 104 fillets instead of 100.  ;D

Worth noting. Someone got a wet leg walking off Vets yesterday. There was a hole near shore that wasn't there in the morning. Access is dwindling quick down there, but we should be able to get on for another week or so.

Are any of you guys showing up to the gathering this weekend? Million Dollar Beach Saturday morning.
were u in the grey shanty?? I was farthest guy out yesterday am except maybe for that guy, my "neighbor"...
friends dont let friends fish dead holes.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1324 on: Mar 04, 2013, 02:17 PM »
were u in the grey shanty?? I was farthest guy out yesterday am except maybe for that guy, my "neighbor"...
I had the black cube. Dude in the grey shanty was my neighbor. Poor guy lost his phone down the hole.
I felt bad for the guy. Lost his phone and caught no fish. I didn't have the heart to stand up from my bucket when I was talking to him.  ;)
We did well where we were.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1325 on: Mar 04, 2013, 04:31 PM »
How is the crack at Pilots Knob ? Planning on going there Wed.  ;)
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline Eaglecrg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1326 on: Mar 04, 2013, 05:23 PM »
Didn't get any responses to my query about ice up around the Hague.  I have seen some reports that indicate there isn't much ice north of there but I'm wondering about right off the boat launch at the Hague.  Anyone know how the ice is around there?

JJ

« Reply #1327 on: Mar 04, 2013, 05:34 PM »
Plenty of water to launch a boat in Hague. ;) Wide open.

Offline Wind Flag

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1328 on: Mar 04, 2013, 06:58 PM »
How is the crack at Pilots Knob ? Planning on going there Wed.  ;)
The crack was solid on Sunday. There were a couple wheelers out there that day. Can't promise anything for Wednesday though. Just make you sure cross it where everyone else has been.

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1329 on: Mar 04, 2013, 07:01 PM »
Covered alot of the southern basin of the lake with fontana19 and other friends both days this weekend.   Used the quad, explored tons of water from Hearthstone on up to almost to cotton point area.   Lakers were biting OK, nothing great, but plenty each day to keep us occupied.   Lots of perch too.   Was pretty disappointed to see some big piles of nice sunfish left scattered about the ice in one area. >:(   Kind of a waste....total scumbag move by someone....but they did indicate a new perch spot for us.  If the folks that left those sunfish on the ice a little ways up from hearthstone are reading this, sucks for you, cause I'm gonna give the gps coordinates to all my buddies....     Brought home 35 9"+ yesturday in about an hour and a half of fishing.

We did cover some ice this weekend.  ;) Couple of new spots for the GPS too.  ;D

I couldn't believe the size of some of those pumpkin seeds either.  :o   If they weren't all picked open by the crows I would have brought some home.

Couple more trips and then it will be late ice panfishing.  ;)  ;D

Offline BALLSTHATCLANK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1330 on: Mar 04, 2013, 07:06 PM »
I didn't want to start a new thread so I will post this here. I was fishing an area of LG today that I had never been on before. The depth was 120', which I am not completely set up to fish. I set two tip ups on the bottom, about 118' with about 40' of line to spare and my other three at 30'. I had made a circle around me with my 5 tip ups and was jigging in the middle. I was keeping an eye out for flags when I noticed one of my deep sets go off behind me as I started to look away. When I got to my tip up I could hear the spool spinning (good sign). I pulled my tip up through the snow/slush in the hole and saw that I didn't have much line left. I gave a good tug to set the hook and started to try to slow the fish. I was braking as hard as I dared. I have 18lb test line with 8lb Trilene cold weather mono for a leader. I could not stop the fish! Within a few seconds I was at the end of my line and just held the tip up from there...I felt the the line straighten, flex a little and then nothing. Whatever it was broke off! I have had no trouble with any lakers or pike to date on this set up. I have slowed some pretty big fish with less than 20' of line. This felt like the best fish I have ever hooked into, I just needed more line. I will be filling my spools. I would love to know what I had on... it was big.

Offline Santo180

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1331 on: Mar 04, 2013, 07:09 PM »
That's happened to me before too.

Offline crappiepants

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1332 on: Mar 04, 2013, 07:28 PM »
I had one jigging a few years ago. I hooked it reeled it up ten cranks he turned took a lot of line stopped then i couldn't move it. Line broke at ice 2 hours later. Lost my fav Swedish pimple with glow tape

Offline iceplank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1333 on: Mar 04, 2013, 07:51 PM »
I had the black cube. Dude in the grey shanty was my neighbor. Poor guy lost his phone down the hole.
I felt bad for the guy. Lost his phone and caught no fish. I didn't have the heart to stand up from my bucket when I was talking to him.  ;)
me 2.real well..taking apersonal day friday and bringing one of my western ny boys up for the slaughter and then again around noon on sat..I got the rover 1.5... full camo and ablue giants hat..stop by n say hi if u can get off those fish for 5 minutes :)
friends dont let friends fish dead holes.

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #1334 on: Mar 04, 2013, 09:34 PM »
Bixby tomorrow  ;D wish me luck see you there maybe dont be shy

Offline perch md

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1335 on: Mar 05, 2013, 02:51 AM »
Bixby tomorrow  ;D wish me luck see you there maybe dont be shy

Let us know how the ice is there would like to make a trip from buffalo this weekend and would like to access there

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1336 on: Mar 05, 2013, 03:34 AM »
The crack was solid on Sunday. There were a couple wheelers out there that day. Can't promise anything for Wednesday though. Just make you sure cross it where everyone else has been.
[/quote
Thanks , we are on foot :thumbsup:
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline baitbox

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1337 on: Mar 05, 2013, 09:57 AM »
Another one! 32" 10.3 lbs.All I can say is unbelievable.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1338 on: Mar 05, 2013, 10:19 AM »

Nice fish baitbox, let's go for a bigger 1. :flex:

Offline TrueNorth

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1339 on: Mar 05, 2013, 11:24 AM »
Nice fish Baitbox. You should be proud of that on.
I fish because I have to......in order to keep my sanity!

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1340 on: Mar 05, 2013, 11:42 AM »
Slammer! Very nice fish BB! You guys are unstoppable ! Congrats!

Mike

Offline baitbox

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1341 on: Mar 05, 2013, 11:53 AM »
Not caught by me but a friend of mine.It is his personal best laker.Very slow fishing today.

Offline TrueNorth

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1342 on: Mar 05, 2013, 01:29 PM »
Slammer! Very nice fish BB! You guys are unstoppable ! Congrats!

Mike
Hi Jager,  been reading your post and pictures before I joined "IS". You've had a fantastic year with the lakers. Just wanted to say hi. Haven't seen your posts and pictures on the other Hudson Valley site. I'm known a shforestry there. Any way been ice fishing since I was 7 and almost 50 years later still can't get enough. It's like a disease you can't cure. I'll contribute more here in the future.  Brian

Offline TrueNorth

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1343 on: Mar 05, 2013, 01:37 PM »
His name wouldn't happen to be "Don" would it.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1344 on: Mar 05, 2013, 02:26 PM »
me 2.real well..taking apersonal day friday and bringing one of my western ny boys up for the slaughter and then again around noon on sat..I got the rover 1.5... full camo and ablue giants hat..stop by n say hi if u can get off those fish for 5 minutes :)
That was probably my last trip out there sadly.
Saturday we have the gathering at MDB. Stop by if you want some lunch when you're done fishing and meet the gang.
Sunday, I will be fishing elsewhere.  ;)
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline IcefisherSteve

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1345 on: Mar 05, 2013, 03:44 PM »
His name wouldn't happen to be "Don" would it.
I bet you know Don M. I know he is on the hudson valley sportman site. He lost his phone down the hole Saturday. He is my waterfowl hunting buddy. I been up to LG with him twice this season.

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1346 on: Mar 05, 2013, 04:00 PM »
Good job guys how was the ice.Tc5

Offline baitbox

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1347 on: Mar 05, 2013, 04:09 PM »
Ice is getting soft and wet where we were.The shorelines are really taking a beating.Probably going to be our last trip to the King tomorrow.

Offline perchslappinmy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1348 on: Mar 05, 2013, 04:10 PM »
Another one! 32" 10.3 lbs.All I can say is unbelievable.
(Image removed from quote.)
That sure looks like Butch?

Nice fish :clap:

Perch bite sucked today...took forever to get a limit....had to of thrown back 200 dinks

Offline matthews88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1349 on: Mar 05, 2013, 04:14 PM »
How is the Ice on harris
Bay holding up and wondering how the perch
 Bite was going want to make trip up but 245 hr drive for me just love the perch bite when its hot

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.