Author Topic: THE END........  (Read 1838 times)

Offline LUNKERONZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JIG ON!!!
THE END........
« on: Mar 31, 2015, 09:59 PM »
Well. Another has come and gone. Tight lines y'all! See you in November :(. 8 months of depression.....

Jig on.
Jig on!

Offline 350 Mag

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: THE END........
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2015, 05:39 AM »
Still  have  32 inchs  of  blue  ice.....minus  20  for  next  week.....no  snow cover  so  we  will  be  making  ice.....i  live  close  to  Manitova  so  i  will  ve  on  snow  machine  Sat.   Fishing  and  on  quad   for  rest of  april....till  30th.....

Lufe is   good.... ;D ;D ;D

Offline MeadowPikeman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends fish without tip ups.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2015, 02:19 PM »
Lots of options yet. Trout for at least a couple weeks. Maybe a trip up to the northern zone.
Ketchin dem Logs enough to build a house!!

Offline Roberts59a

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2015, 05:21 PM »
Can you just fish trout in April without a license or do you need some sort of trout license?

Offline bite-me7

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • pour me another one
« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2015, 07:47 PM »
Only stocked trout waters and you need a new license for 2015-16 season, I do believe.

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack is always toasty, Beer is always cold.
« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2015, 08:16 PM »
Head North, open till the 15th.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 2015, 09:33 PM »
Yeah, another season ends and a new one is just around the corner, we will be open water fishing before we know it. :)
I don't think I will be going for the stocked trout or ice fishing in any other zone or province so for me my next trip will be to the open water. ;)

Hopefully everyone had a good ice fishing season, I know I did. ;D  :tipup:

WW

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Apr 01, 2015, 10:56 PM »
 what lakes are you guys fishing in the north?  would love one more lake trout trip.

ww, i don't think i saw any reports from your dugout this winter.  how are your rainbows doin?

Offline fatleroy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Apr 02, 2015, 08:02 AM »
Thanks everyone for all the chat and updates, with a work injury - was not able to get out as other years. But all reports made an enjoyable season. Thanks.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #9 on: Apr 03, 2015, 12:30 AM »
what lakes are you guys fishing in the north?  would love one more lake trout trip.

ww, i don't think i saw any reports from your dugout this winter.  how are your rainbows doin?

Hummm, there's a reason I don't have any trout reports ran7ger. :whistle:

I ran into some major disaster with them.
In the winter of 2013 - 2014 the fish were doing fine and they were fat and healthy and some were now in the 21" range.
I ice fished for them a few days in Dec and beginning of Feb but during the middle of Feb - March I tried the other lakes and sometime around then the  muskrat or muskrats that were living in the dugout chewed through my aerator hose, cutting it right in half. With the thick ice we had that year, and now lack of oxygen ALL of the 115 rainbows I still had in there died. >:(

It was a major blow this spring come break up to find the hose cut in half and dead fish piled up along the shore and floating here and there in the water. :sick:

I tried fishing a couple times for an hour or so this spring but not bites and no rising trout that was so common before.
My last attempt was just putting down the underwater camera and adding their pellets to see if anything showed up but no such luck, they are indeed all gone.

I will have to now start from scratch again. First order more fish, if they are not all spoken for, and when the ice comes off make repair the hose and try to  it muskrat & beaver chew proof. :-\

WW

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Apr 03, 2015, 01:48 PM »
 arg sorry to hear that.  fish were sure looking healthy.  those muskrats can be a nuisance indeed.  if you stock it again it might be worth checking out the pond at first ice with a .22 in hand!  good luck goin forward!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.