The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Eskimo Ice Auger  (Read 9808 times)

Offline 4inch_ok

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Eskimo Ice Auger
« on: Jan 16, 2003, 12:45 PM »
I have an older model Eskimo ice auger (model 8600) that I could use some help with.  I took it apart to rebuild the carburator, that want fine. When I took the carb off the throttle return spring fell off along with this plastic paddle; an additional spring, and a linkage. I am having difficulty putting it back together. The linkage I believe pivots this paddle with the throttle, but I cant tell where to attach the two springs.

I sent messages at the Ardisam site, but have had no response. If anyone has the same old unit a pic of this spring set up would be most appreciated

Offline auger7

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Good things come to those who wait...
Re: Eskimo Ice Auger
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2003, 09:06 PM »
I had the same problem with my eskimo, took the carb apart and could not figure out how to put the springs and plastic goveror  back together. I finally figured it out after callng a few small engine repair shops and got som pics off of the internet. E-mail me if you still need help. ::)

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2003, 09:15 PM »
these technical manuals should help
http://www.cpdonline.com/Service%20Manuals.htm

Offline NHIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2007, 10:47 AM »
This is a manual online for the TC-300 engine.  I also have a Eskimo 8600 model and am having some issues with replacing the recoil rope.
Try this manual, and if you can't figure it out, PM me and I'll take some pics before I do some work on mine in the coming weeks

http://www.cpdonline.com/694782.pdf

Offline butch76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2007, 12:26 PM »
I was having the same problem noted above but this manual should be able to help me fix it, thanks!

Offline NHIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2007, 01:54 PM »
Glad I could help.  This manual got me going again with the recoil issue I was having, so I'm glad I found it
If you guys are still having trouble, let me know and I'll take off the cover and take a few snapshots of that plastic "fin" and the spring and how they all connect together.

Just got my Eskimo 8600 running for the first time and drilled a few holes, works great although the blade is dull and I need to get a replacement.  Mine only has a single blade, kinda wish I had 2.....oh well

Enjoy and Tight Lines

Offline tananaBrian

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2008, 04:23 PM »
This is a manual online for the TC-300 engine.  I also have a Eskimo 8600 model and am having some issues with replacing the recoil rope.
Try this manual, and if you can't figure it out, PM me and I'll take some pics before I do some work on mine in the coming weeks

http://www.cpdonline.com/694782.pdf

Thanks, guys!  This manual helped me with mine as well ...got my Model 8600 a few weeks ago for $40 (used, of course) and it runs and drills like new.  I figured it might be a good idea to keep a manual around though.  The link was just what I needed!

Brian

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.