The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Ion Augers  (Read 6095 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Ion Augers
« on: Oct 11, 2016, 01:43 AM »
 I was curious if the new 5 amp hour battery that comes with the Ion X  auger would fit and work on my older model auger. ( XC5  -5 amp hour lithium ion battery)  Emailed Ion/Ardisam they replied the new 5 amp hour battery will fit and work with all older model augers. You can also charge the new battery with your current charger.
 There is a fifty ($50) dollar difference in price between the 3 and 5 amp hour batteries. 3 amp hour sells for $149.99 , the 5 amp hour is $199.99 prices are before shipping/taxes. Ion claims the new battery will drill sixty percent more holes. Further information available at their website.

www.ioniceaugers.com

Steve

Offline Joe Henry

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ion Augers
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2016, 04:21 AM »
I have no idea about the claim that they make for the new batteries improved cutting power but from everything that I can find out the new battery will fit the older augers.  If its like most things in life they have exaggerated the "new and improved" models capabilities.  ;)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2016, 01:55 PM »
Just wanted to correct some information from my previous post. Ion claims the new XC5 (5 amp hour) lithium battery has 60 percent more charging capacity then the 3 amp hour battery and will drill 1,600 inches of ice on a single charge.
 I  apologize for posting you could drill 60 percent more holes. Joe Henry I guess time will tell about the claims on battery. Once reviews start appearing here on Ice Shanty.
Steve

Offline Joe Henry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2016, 05:40 PM »
Just wanted to correct some information from my previous post. Ion claims the new XC5 (5 amp hour) lithium battery has 60 percent more charging capacity then the 3 amp hour battery and will drill 1,600 inches of ice on a single charge.
 I  apologize for posting you could drill 60 percent more holes. Joe Henry I guess time will tell about the claims on battery. Once reviews start appearing here on Ice Shanty.
Steve
Yep, time will tell my brother,  it always does!

Offline jfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2016, 02:07 PM »
Has anyone tried these new ion x batteries? If so is it worth paying another 50$ for?

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2016, 06:18 PM »
I tried mine the other day, but there was only 5in of ice so it didn't get a good workout, only drilled about 30 holes but the battery had not been charged since I bought it

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2016, 08:20 AM »
Thank you for the report Bigstorm. I hope you charge the auger battery since your recent trip you do not auger stopping from discharged battery during one of your trips.
Steve

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2016, 06:29 PM »
I bought the ION 8" last season & a spare battery ($120 on sale @ Amazon) as well. I drill 25 - 40 holes per outing & have never had to use the spare battery. The battery takes about a 20 minute recharge when I get home. For me the extra $50 of the ION X battery would not be worth it. Of course ice thickness & the # of holes drilled are going to be the biggest factors on battery life. I've never noticed a decline in battery performance by leaving the auger sitting on the ice while fishing either. But then, I'm usually only on the ice for 4 - 6 hours per outing. Circumstances vary for each user, but in all honesty I can't imagine any situation where I could justify the extra $50 for the ION X battery. Just my opinion.....hope this helps !!  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.