New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Bills thread for 2023-24  (Read 23952 times)

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Bills thread for 2023-24
« Reply #60 on: Nov 14, 2023, 10:59 AM »
It should be interesting Sunday with Joe Brady calling plays against that stellar defense of the Jets.

I guess I don’t have to stress out about getting out of the woods in time for kickoff Sunday, the second day of regular season in the southern zone.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Nov 14, 2023, 11:45 AM »
It should be interesting Sunday with Joe Brady calling plays against that stellar defense of the Jets.

I guess I don’t have to stress out about getting out of the woods in time for kickoff Sunday, the second day of regular season in the southern zone.

I'm hunting southwest of Rochester and was thinking of going to the game but I think I'll pass on that  ::)
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #62 on: Nov 14, 2023, 01:38 PM »

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #63 on: Nov 14, 2023, 06:35 PM »
There is blood on the hands of Josh Allen for the firing of Ken Dorsey. Somebody has to be the fall guy and it is never going to be the franchise QB making $ 46,000,000 a year.

Replacing all of the coaches will not fix Josh Allen's recklessness and mental lapses. That attempted handoff in which he put the ball 3 feet below where it should have been and Cook never had it, that is just inexcusable for Allen to do. And the interception that Gabe Davis got his hands on but did not catch was a fastball at 197 MPH and that is OK to throw if it is right into the body, but not when the receiver has to fully extend to try a hands-only catch.

I thought Dorsey did a great job in his time there.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #64 on: Nov 17, 2023, 05:58 AM »
There once was a team named the Bills
With talented players that thrill
But they lose to bad teams
Squander Superbowl dreams
And watching them makes me quite ill
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #65 on: Nov 17, 2023, 06:01 AM »
There once was a team named the JETS
With a QB whose bed he wets
Should be good so we hear
But they suck every year
No surprise 'cuz they rhyme with the METS

Offline sodussut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Nov 17, 2023, 11:47 AM »
I  am so glad that the fishing is FAR  better than the sports teams!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #67 on: Nov 19, 2023, 06:28 AM »
 I will be in the woods till at least 5 or later if I’m lucky so I’m glad it’s not a 1 o’clock game..

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #68 on: Nov 20, 2023, 03:56 AM »

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #69 on: Nov 20, 2023, 06:27 PM »
What stood out to me the most in Joe Brady's 1st game as the OC was the YAC that our guys got because they caught the ball with space in front of them to run. That did not seem to be happening in previous games that I watched this season. We put up 32 against what is a top 10 defense this season, although the Jets were really bad at tackling yesterday. Our defense continued to be above the league average, but then again it was the Jets offense they were containing, and who can't look good doing that    ;)

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #70 on: Nov 21, 2023, 08:03 AM »
What stood out to me the most in Joe Brady's 1st game as the OC was the YAC that our guys got because they caught the ball with space in front of them to run. That did not seem to be happening in previous games that I watched this season. We put up 32 against what is a top 10 defense this season, although the Jets were really bad at tackling yesterday. Our defense continued to be above the league average, but then again it was the Jets offense they were containing, and who can't look good doing that    ;)
You must not really be a bills fan cuz all you ever do is talked well coulda been this or shoulda been that. Go cry with the freaking jets.

And yea I said what I said.
Sue me for the truth.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #71 on: Nov 21, 2023, 06:44 PM »
You must not really be a bills fan cuz all you ever do is talked well coulda been this or shoulda been that. Go cry with the freaking jets.

And yea I said what I said.
Sue me for the truth.

Well, I guess I am just a different type of fan than you are. I praise what is working and analyze what is not working, and should be better from these guys. But we are the same in that I always want them to WIN, and I am a fan regardless of their record. I think we all need to get on some ice, and surely you agree with that right ?  ;D

Offline TheWasp74

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On!
« Reply #72 on: Nov 22, 2023, 07:23 AM »
Winning is great!!! Losing sucks. No matter what the record I bleed Buffalo Blue always have and always will!  ;D

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #73 on: Nov 22, 2023, 08:23 PM »
Winning is great!!! Losing sucks. No matter what the record I bleed Buffalo Blue always have and always will!  ;D

Well said with few but hard hitting words sir. We can beat any team. GO BILLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #74 on: Nov 23, 2023, 08:54 AM »
LET'S GO BUFFALO !!!!!!!   

YOU KNOW YOU MAKE ME WANNA SHOUT, KICK MY HEELS UP AND SHOUT, C'MON NOW !!!!!

The Eagles are a tough team, and they play good team football, but I believe they don't have an individual superstar at the same level as Josh Allen or Stephon Diggs, and if those 2 are clicking like they can, no team should beat us. I also don't know if the Eagles are prepared to face our bunch of rabid dogs on defense   ;D  I really enjoy watching Oliver, Rousseau, Epinesa, Floyd and the rest of them wreaking havoc on offenses !!!!!!!!    :flex: :clap:   

Matt Milano's absence is felt, no doubt, but those guys play good team defense.

WATCH OUT JALEN HURTS, YOU ARE GOING TO BE HUNTED DOWN AND HANDED YOUR 2ND LOSS  !!!!!!!

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #75 on: Nov 23, 2023, 10:20 AM »
Be honest because I can handle it - how many of you read my previous post and were saying " settle down now you spaz " ?    :o

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #76 on: Nov 23, 2023, 10:24 AM »
For what this is worth, which may be nothing, 2 of the 4 people on ESPN just now picked the Bills for the upset .   :clap: :thumbsup: :flex:

Offline ice4066

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Nov 25, 2023, 08:38 AM »
I believe sports analyst about as much as I trust “wave report” for Erie ….on song comes to mind when I think of bills “ Shot down in flames” lol

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #78 on: Nov 26, 2023, 07:53 AM »

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #79 on: Nov 26, 2023, 01:24 PM »
Go bills!!!
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #80 on: Nov 26, 2023, 05:13 PM »
Josh Allen with an MVP caliber 1st half  :clap:

But there is still a lot of football to play

Offline ice4066

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Nov 26, 2023, 07:09 PM »
Oops

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #82 on: Nov 26, 2023, 07:24 PM »
That was a great game. The Bills proved thay can hang with anybody, and hung in on the road against the best there is. So, all we need to do is make the playoffs and we can win anywhere.

Offline Mr.Esox

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep it hard
« Reply #83 on: Nov 27, 2023, 08:08 AM »
McDermott needs to go the defense stinks and has no depth they play soft. This team has been underachieving a change at the top is needed. If this team was down in the metro NY area he would have been fired. Move on Bill's ,they won't make the playoffs this year.
Mr.Esox

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Nov 27, 2023, 01:23 PM »
I am a silver lining guy. And the silver lining for me is that it doesn’t appear that I’ll need to schedule ice fishing trips around Bills playoff games.

Yes, the offense looked improved and yes, they went toe-to-toe with a Super Bowl contender. But the reality is, too many defensive injuries, a tough schedule and a mid season identity crisis on the offensive side of the ball has resulted in a disappointing season.

On the plus side, I did see some skim ice in the foothills Saturday morning!

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #85 on: Nov 27, 2023, 05:53 PM »
McDermott needs to go the defense stinks and has no depth they play soft. This team has been underachieving a change at the top is needed. If this team was down in the metro NY area he would have been fired. Move on Bill's ,they won't make the playoffs this year.

Yeah, McDermott is rapidly running out of scapegoats to blame for his failures. Can't blame Josh Allen even a tiny bit for the loss last night, he was BY FAR the best player on that field on either team and McDermott wasted a remarkable game from him.

With all of that said, it was a great game to watch even with the heartbreaking loss, to the best team in the league no less.

The silver lining for me is that last night showed that all we need to do is get into the playoffs, and we are a dangerous team and could win playoff games on the road. Maybe just barely eeking out a playoff berth this season could be the jolt we need to advance to the SB. Winning the AFC East so easily the last 3 seasons and being the #2 seed might have been too much pressure, so a # 7 seed playoff berth might be the chip on the shoulder we need to get over the hump. WE CAN BEAT ANY TEAM.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #86 on: Nov 27, 2023, 06:08 PM »
And the Eagles do just enough to win in most of their games, and a lot of close ones this year. You need to respect wins and a 10-1 record, but they may get overtaken by SF or Dallas by season's end as #1 seed.

If we make it to the SB I would rather have a rematch against the Eagles than either of the other 2.

The Eagles kicker has been clutch and made so many insanely long FG's with the game on the line for how many years now ? What team wouldn't want to replace their kicker with that stud !  :o :o :o :o

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #87 on: Nov 27, 2023, 06:43 PM »
The BILLS aren’t going anywhere with that awful secondary. Most teams are killing them with deep passes play after play. The secondary stood there and watched Hurts run that last play for a touchdown last night. That type of coverage isn’t the coaches fault. Those players gave that game to the eagles. Allen can’t do it all!!
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #88 on: Nov 27, 2023, 07:27 PM »
The BILLS aren’t going anywhere with that awful secondary. Most teams are killing them with deep passes play after play. The secondary stood there and watched Hurts run that last play for a touchdown last night. That type of coverage isn’t the coaches fault. Those players gave that game to the eagles. Allen can’t do it all!!

I agree with you that the secondary appeared to be our biggest vulnerability last night. Whether that was because the Eagles offense can exploit secondaries in general, or Poyer and Hynes may both be past their prime now, with 11 and 12 years in the league respectively, is a fair question to ask. The fact that the Eagles did most of their damage on offense in Q4 and OT could indicate that our older guys on defense don't have the stamina to play at a high level for an entire game. That is a problem

Offline snow snake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #89 on: Nov 27, 2023, 07:45 PM »
    look at this video on bills home page     ::)
    go the BILLS HOME page  course down to link
   click on it to play

snowsnake

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.