Author Topic: Vexilar transducer float stop  (Read 4835 times)

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
Vexilar transducer float stop
« on: Jan 13, 2004, 10:35 PM »
I have found that a number of people are losing the rubber stopper on their FL-18, that holds the transducer line level on the float

Well vexilar sells them for $0.25 a piece or $2.50 for a stopper and float

Offline Cook078

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good Fishing
Re:Vexilar transducer float stop
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2004, 06:52 PM »
Thats good to know Bigred, because being a new owner, I can see myself losing this piece rather quickly...Seems though for almost $500.00 they could have threw a few spare ones in...what do you do the first time you lose it, I mean for the rest of the day fishing?  I guess you could probably tie a big knot of fishing line...loosely that is...so not to damage the cable???
Mike
have a CRAPPIE day!!

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2004, 03:39 PM »
For some reason, the ones on the FL-18 are much looser than the old ones on the FL8. I dont even use mine. I just set the cable under the bottom of the case to hold the amount of cable I want to use.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2004, 06:49 PM »
i have yet to loose mine, but "fishingking" and "upsavr" both lost theirs while fishing with me.  fishinking just tied his his tranducer cord in a knot, and upsavr just took the float off and let the transducer hang level

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2004, 07:10 PM »
I have contemplated taking off the float but was wondering if cable might freeze into encroaching ice.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline BlackIce

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • R U Scared?
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2004, 10:35 PM »
Seaguar- snow in the hole should keep it from freezing up.  I've been drilling an extra hole just for the Vex and pack it with snow.
R.I.P. Grandpa D. 1-6-10

black ice

« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2004, 03:32 PM »
       I lost my float stop when fish'n the other day....I thought the worst...am I done for the day? HELL NO. Luckily when I was a kid I watched Mcguiver. So I pulled out my trusty leatherman and grabbed the cap off my Aquafina bottle and cutt a slit half way through it and turned the knife a little to make a cord size hole on the top.. Put that on ,good as new ....I still use it.. and it is completly adjustable.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.