Author Topic: aqua vu v.s. vexilar  (Read 4077 times)

walleydiver

aqua vu v.s. vexilar
« on: Jan 11, 2004, 12:28 AM »
i have heard that lot of people like the vexilars better then the aqua vu but its seems that would u beable to catch more fish if you can actually see what is down there rather then just watching a vexilar?
im looking to buy an aqua vu but what i have been hearing im not sure what to buy, id like to hear what u guys have to say

thanks,

Offline Fishrmn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Prayin' for sub-zero temps.
Re:aqua vu v.s. vexilar
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2004, 01:17 AM »
walleydiver,

Here's another thread that covers this topic pretty well.  I'm still gonna vote for the high end Lowrance LCDs, but any fishfinder is more versatile than a camera.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=6176

Fishrmn
Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion." Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cook078

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good Fishing
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2004, 09:47 PM »
As Dave Genz said, the ideal ice fisherman will "marry" the two.  It's not that one is better than the other, but different....They both do different things.  But the vu will not tell you where the fish are....Thats the beauty of the Vex., you have a starting point.  You can locate suspended fish, and THEN put the camera on them.....I don't have an aqua-view yet, but someday.....But I would start with the Vex....
Mike
have a CRAPPIE day!!

Offline hamadog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2004, 08:27 AM »
Where I fish its mostly on the bottom for lake trout therefore the underwater cameras work great but if your looking for suspended fish the cameras most likley are not what you want. I like the cameras because its nice to see how a fish reacts to certain baits/jigs. If you go with a camera I have a aqua-vu and have never encountered any problems but other people that I know have had alot of problems with their cables and camera connections. They were sent new ones and their still having problems thus now trying another brand. One guy bought the Qvc and I was impressed with the larger screen and the case. The other one is trying the atlantis I have not seen it but I'm fishing with him this weekend and I'll let you know. There is nothing like watching fish strike your bait even if its just for the amusement of it.  

Offline LoveIce

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2004, 08:38 AM »
I have each and I have ben leaving the camera home.The flasher wathces all the water top to bottom the camera justa amall area
YOU DONT HAVE A FLASHER what are you nuts.

Offline jigginstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig Jig Jig
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2004, 08:52 PM »
I would go with the vexilar because youll find the hooked fish will always get tangled in the cable of the aqua-vu.

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2004, 11:27 PM »
lots of times people pay too much attention to the aqua view, although if you are fishing for a specific species in a lake and there are a lot of different types, camera may be the way to go.
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline hamadog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2004, 09:05 AM »
I drill a hole approx 10ft away for the camera and point it toward the jig hole and have never encountered any snags as of yet. The reason I like the camera is because its nice to see the how the fish react to different types of jigs and how to move the bait to attract it's attention. Its a very good learning experience. Every day the fish react differently to the jigs/bait thats why I like the camera and I think I catch more fish this way. my 2 cents

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.